Lawyers, Guns and FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, October 20, 2023, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Warren Zevon.  Seems appropriate for the world in which we live in....


Me?  BoC work.  WarPlans PBEM game.  CMO work.  Combat Mission PBEM game.  Starfield, which is my latest diversion from real life  :grin:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

More Days Gone with Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon as a chaser.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Strangely my appetite for gaming has decreased in the past couple of days.  I'm going to have to figure out what to play this weekend.  I probably will do Hex of Steel and maybe something on the PS4 but after that who knows?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

A metric butt ton of DCS and IL2: Great Battles in my new Pimax Crystal now complete with prescription lenses and lighthouse module.

Outside of that some casual progression of my campaign in Decisive Campaigns Ardennes and maybe follow W8's suggestion of some Hex of Steel with the new updates.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 20, 2023, 11:38:17 AM...
and maybe follow W8's suggestion of some Hex of Steel with the new updates.

As senator Palpatine would say, "Do it!"

You can hotseat solo (which is what I'm doing) with the game and my grand Europe 1939 scenario is quite the blast.  Some modder also released a Arab-Israeli 6 Day War scenario that, while a bit rough around the edges, is not bad at depicting what happened.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on October 20, 2023, 12:51:50 PMAs senator Palpatine would say, "Do it!"



Haha, indeed.  I've owned Hex of Steel for some time, just haven't messed with it for a bit while I've been going through DC: Ardennes.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk 2077.

And now I need to check out a game called Hex Of Steel ...

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 20, 2023, 01:36:12 PMAnd now I need to check out a game called Hex Of Steel ...

It's got a demo.  It's a fun little game way deeper than you'd expect for what it is. 

I would wait for a sale though. It's on sale a lot and typically for around a tenner.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

The developer is also working on Beasts of Steel...combo FPS/strategy game set in WWII.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2023, 01:53:34 PMThe developer is also working on Beasts of Steel...combo FPS/strategy game set in WWII.

My mind is absolutely boggled by what he's been able to accomplish with just himself and a partner. 

Somebody buy this man a studio.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 20, 2023, 01:47:30 PMI would wait for a sale though. It's on sale a lot and typically for around a tenner.

And it is on sale now  :hair:  (https://www.gamersgate.com/product/hex-of-steel/)  -63%

Sir Slash

I'm STILL trying to work-out what the hell going on in the 1100 A.D. Mod for Rome 2. If Life would leave me the hell alone for a bit, I could get somewhere with it. Not Life so much as the irritating people in it.  :hair:   Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^You bastard.

Yes the Hex of Steel developer is working with his brother! Two man team.

The 1100AD mod is epic and well worth the time to learn, Slash.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

I've been retro mode. I suppose.

Mostly Pharaoh/Cleo- with widescreen mod

Daggerfall Unity - they just released a 0.1.6 update and restored the island of Betony from the demo. The developer plans on getting this to 1.0. The developer plans on using Godot after 1.0
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2023, 01:53:34 PMThe developer is also working on Beasts of Steel...combo FPS/strategy game set in WWII.

Already wishlisted and worthy of buying on day one sight unseen.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk