Main Menu

FRIDAY Syndrome

Started by Pete Dero, November 03, 2023, 05:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

This is the song that is resonating with me this weekend... Has anybody listened to the new beatles song BTW? I like it. It's less Beatles and more Lennon kinda song, but it's catchy.

Sins of a Solar Empire 2 patch has just been released. A few goodies in it to play with. Including being able to move planetary facilities like starbases together as a group to a different side of the planet. This will help with those rotating planets that are the main new feature of the game.

Company of Heroes 3. Finishing my weekly challenges in the hope that some day some more interesting things will arrive to use those points on. The camo patterns on offer at the moment are not even patterns. Looking forward to seeing what the DLC is for that.

WARNO I would say. That new city map they announced looks amazing. Been doing some multiplayer games with friends lately against other peeps. 

Who knows what else.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Quote from: W8taminute on November 03, 2023, 07:01:32 PMPete that's a good song.  I've never heard of Sophie Lloyd but she seems pretty cool.

Found her streaming on Twitch.  She played guitar for Machine Gun Kelly on his live concerts this year (EU & US).
https://www.guitarworld.com/features/sophie-lloyd-imposter-syndrome

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 07:57:31 PMIs Empire II on the Steam workshop?

Empire Total War has no Steam Workshop support sadly. 

Yeah you have to download the mod from moddb and manually install it.  It's big and takes several steps to install but well worth it.  They have a good instruction set included with the mod to help with installation.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

BoC work.  Some WarPlan.  CMO work.  Messing around with "Operational Art of War IV"  and Playtesting Campaign Flashpoint: Southern Storm
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I don't really like too much Billy Joel from the late 80s on, but I do like Downeaster Alexa.

A lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on November 04, 2023, 11:48:05 AMA lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.

If this didn't have the name Beatles on it, I think this song would have gone largely unnoticed.

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PMEmpire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.

I haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.

Link! Link!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Fetrik

I'm taking a break from Cyberpunk and dip my toes into the dungeoncrawler Lunacid which just reached version 1.0.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on November 04, 2023, 01:31:55 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PMEmpire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.

I haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.

Link! Link!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-total-war-ii
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


solops

Thanks! I am reinstalling TW Empires. After I get the updated mod installed I WILL BREAK my multi-week fixation on Shadow Empire!
I will.
Really.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

solops

What I will be doing mostly this weekend is Huntin' Hogs! The Game Warden just stopped by and visited, gave us the scoop on the hog/coyote/illegal immigrant situation in the county. Will finish loading feeders an a bit and then it is hunting time. I'll head out to a hunting blind after dark and hammer the first hog that wakes me up or interrupts my Kindle-reading and then start the Empire II mod in the morning.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

al_infierno

It's only taken about 40k words into my manuscript, but I think I've finally found the saleable angle on the stoner noir novel I've been working on.  In another year or two this thing's gonna rule!   :martini:  :beermug[1]:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on November 04, 2023, 02:10:12 PMWhat I will be doing mostly this weekend is Huntin' Hogs! The Game Warden just stopped by and visited, gave us the scoop on the hog/coyote/illegal immigrant situation in the county. Will finish loading feeders an a bit and then it is hunting time. I'll head out to a hunting blind after dark and hammer the first hog that wakes me up or interrupts my Kindle-reading and then start the Empire II mod in the morning.

Do you use thermals? If so, what kind?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on November 04, 2023, 11:48:05 AMI don't really like too much Billy Joel from the late 80s on, but I do like Downeaster Alexa.

A lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.
I keep going back to this song from Billy. I like a lot of his songs but find his songs depressing if you listen too much. You have to be in a certain mood. Some of his songs are cheesy as well..
As for the Beatles I like them but don't go out of my way usually.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^Same with me. 1970s Billy Joel is prime. I get lost around Innocent Man. And 'In the Middle of the Night' is just...bad. There's a reason he refuses to perform that song in concert :/

I love the Beatles but I am surrounded by people who REALLY love The Beatles so my knowledge in comparison is...low.

Al you are my hero.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd