New World Interactive (Insurgency: Sandstorm) shut down by Embracer Group

Started by al_infierno, December 05, 2023, 05:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

al_infierno

In sad news, it looks like NWI - the studio behind Insurgency and Insurgency: Sandstorm - has been shut down by their owners, Embracer Group.  This has been confirmed by a LinkedIn post.

I wasn't really a fan of the direction Sandstorm had taken, but this is extremely sad news.

https://twitter.com/nickjcal/status/1731790870557417893
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

W8taminute

Wow that is kind of sad.  Never really played the game but shutdowns with no statements make me feel nervous about my games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bardolph

For a long time the original INSMOD was my most played game on Steam, eventually eclipsed by ARMA III and trailed in a distant third by RDR2 Online. I was happy for them when they managed to go from being a mod to a standalone game, but over time for me at least the games lost the charm and fun of the original mod and I drifted away from them. Sorry to see 'em get the axe though.