Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020/2024

Started by Redwolf, December 15, 2023, 05:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SpaceGameJunkie

I played the technical weekend a month ago and career mode is AWESOME. You start off simply with a Cessna doing simple flights for folks but can branch into all sorts of directions like firefighting, search and rescue, medivac and more. Eventually you can even start your own airline. It looks to take a lot from Euro Truck Sim 2's DNA, which is a good thing. I am so excited about it. 

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2024, 08:20:35 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 07:57:16 AMThis time I bought in my Microsoft account, not Steam. Let's see how that goes.

Is there a pre-install? Or does the PC download start at 11:00 EST?

There is pre-load. It's been active for like over a month. I tend to avoid pre-loads because it still always seems to take a long time to verify once unlocked.

Woah. The sales procedure on MS' own service is substantially less smooth than on Steam. What a mess.

And it only preinstalled some 13 MB of junk, not the game. I guess I get to regret not using Steam.

But it is only 50 GB, so it should be bearable without preload.

Jarhead0331

I hate people. Already stupid negative reviews on Steam.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

Initial start is documented to take up to an hour.

Supposedly another hour if you want to pick up your msfs2020 planes. Not there yet, can't verify.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 12:39:16 PMInitial start is documented to take up to an hour.

Supposedly another hour if you want to pick up your msfs2020 planes. Not there yet, can't verify.

No problems installing or loading here...but yes, too many users are trying to log in at the same time, so I am in a que waiting. Annoying, but not entirely unexpected. I can wait until these issues get sorted...I have plenty of other things to do, but I can see how this would frustrate others who were very eager for this to drop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2024, 02:03:13 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 12:39:16 PMInitial start is documented to take up to an hour.

Supposedly another hour if you want to pick up your msfs2020 planes. Not there yet, can't verify.

No problems installing or loading here...but yes, too many users are trying to log in at the same time, so I am in a que waiting. Annoying, but not entirely unexpected. I can wait until these issues get sorted...I have plenty of other things to do, but I can see how this would frustrate others who were very eager for this to drop.

Well, it is a single player game connected to your Microsoft account. I don't see what kind of login they think they have to do there in addition.

Jarhead0331

^You have to be logged in to your account and online I guess.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

It would be too funny if this launch brought down the whole Microsoft universe.

Skoop

Didn't they have and issue like that with a windows update a few months back ?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 02:56:34 PMIt would be too funny if this launch brought down the whole Microsoft universe.

It's not looking good. The Steam launch appears to be even worse.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2024, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 02:56:34 PMIt would be too funny if this launch brought down the whole Microsoft universe.

It's not looking good. The Steam launch appears to be even worse.

Hopefully people are smart enough to not blame Steam for this mess.

JudgeDredd


It's not good.

Still here at 20:47 (tried to start at 20:09)

I don't understand why the GPU is at 70%!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Redwolf

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 19, 2024, 03:47:32 PMI don't understand why the GPU is at 70%!

One of the most annoying things about msfs2020 was that they run the pre-game 2D dialogs on the full 3D graphics engine. So you use lots of power if you leave those screens sitting there.

Jarhead0331

This is giving me flashbacks to the launch of Hell Divers 2. It took awhile for them to get enough servers online to handle the demand. Once they did though...man, the game kicked ass.

This is a highly anticipated launch, and I think it is hard for any game company to anticipate the actual server support that they will require. This definitely sucks, but I'd expect the community to be more mature and not review bomb the game over the issue. This is typical, and while I'm not excusing it, the problem will be worked out. I wish people would calm down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 03:33:51 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2024, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 19, 2024, 02:56:34 PMIt would be too funny if this launch brought down the whole Microsoft universe.

It's not looking good. The Steam launch appears to be even worse.

Hopefully people are smart enough to not blame Steam for this mess.

Right now 18% positive reviews on Steam ...