Combat Mission new for 2024

Started by Redwolf, January 06, 2024, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Father Ted

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 01:06:10 PMJust a heads up...at Matrix, all Combat Mission games 50% off through January 22nd.  Might be a good time to pick some things up if you don't already own.

What is this "don't already own" you speak of?

Grim.Reaper

Looks like same discount at Battlefront store as well, if people prefer that.....

Gusington

47 American dollars for Red Thunder Complete...today looks like the day.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 01:06:10 PMJust a heads up...at Matrix, all Combat Mission games 50% off through January 22nd.  Might be a good time to pick some things up if you don't already own.

BFC's own store price-matches.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on January 19, 2024, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 01:06:10 PMJust a heads up...at Matrix, all Combat Mission games 50% off through January 22nd.  Might be a good time to pick some things up if you don't already own.

BFC's own store price-matches.

Yep couple posts up I mention that:)

Sigwolf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on January 19, 2024, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 01:06:10 PMJust a heads up...at Matrix, all Combat Mission games 50% off through January 22nd.  Might be a good time to pick some things up if you don't already own.

BFC's own store price-matches.

Yep couple posts up I mention that:)
Which is only kinda-sorta true likely due to Battlefront's frequent messing up sale prices.  Depending on what one is looking for, it is very easy to pay way more than necessary at current Battlefront prices.

i.e.  Steam and Matrix/Slitherine prices seem to be within a dollar or two from each other regardless of which game, module, or package you are considering.  Battlefront, on the other hand, has Fortress Italy prices pretty comparable, but the complete Red Thunder bundle is still listed at $95, where it is just over $47 on the other two. 

I bring this up because I have seen this same odd pricing on various titles several times before during sales from them.

JasonPratt

#51
I think the only thing I was missing was Commonwealth for Normandy, and the two Red Thunder expansions, so I snagged those pronto! Weird that I didn't do that during the stacked Christmas sale/anniversary discount tho...

Updated to add: then I got paranoid that I had in fact already gotten them back after Christmas, but I just checked and I hadn't. Whew!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Looks like the final Combat Mission module coming to Steam January 25th, along with the new DLC.

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg!
To be released January 25th on Steam!

The Final Chapter
Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg (CMFB) follows the Western Allies through the battles along Germany's border and into the heart of the Reich.
The game covers the October 1944 through January 1945 timeframe, focusing on the American sector of the Battle of the Bulge.

The DLC Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg - Downfall will be released on the same day. This DLC features late-war British, Canadian, and Polish forces.

JasonPratt

Heh, I suspected it must be coming soon with the big discount on preceding CMx2 titles!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Elvis

Quote from: Sigwolf on January 19, 2024, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on January 19, 2024, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2024, 01:06:10 PMJust a heads up...at Matrix, all Combat Mission games 50% off through January 22nd.  Might be a good time to pick some things up if you don't already own.

BFC's own store price-matches.

Yep couple posts up I mention that:)
Which is only kinda-sorta true likely due to Battlefront's frequent messing up sale prices.  Depending on what one is looking for, it is very easy to pay way more than necessary at current Battlefront prices.

i.e.  Steam and Matrix/Slitherine prices seem to be within a dollar or two from each other regardless of which game, module, or package you are considering.  Battlefront, on the other hand, has Fortress Italy prices pretty comparable, but the complete Red Thunder bundle is still listed at $95, where it is just over $47 on the other two. 

I bring this up because I have seen this same odd pricing on various titles several times before during sales from them.

Nuts! I missed that one.

I try to mirror what they do. But if they do sumfink for $24.99 I'll put it on ours for $25.

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 20, 2024, 08:22:38 AMLooks like the final Combat Mission module coming to Steam January 25th, along with the new DLC.

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg!
To be released January 25th on Steam!

The Final Chapter
Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg (CMFB) follows the Western Allies through the battles along Germany's border and into the heart of the Reich.
The game covers the October 1944 through January 1945 timeframe, focusing on the American sector of the Battle of the Bulge.

The DLC Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg - Downfall will be released on the same day. This DLC features late-war British, Canadian, and Polish forces.


Probably the fastest pre-order to release so far. As a hint to when it was actually finished....Steam takes about 2 weeks to give approval.

Sigwolf

Quote from: Elvis on January 21, 2024, 12:59:06 PMNuts! I missed that one.

I try to mirror what they do. But if they do sumfink for $24.99 I'll put it on ours for $25.

Thanks for correcting the Red Thunder bundle.  Luckily I had procrastinated getting it on Matrix, so I will buy from Battlefront this evening.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 17, 2024, 01:30:15 PMIn relation to Jarheads post about the old Wargamer forum it seems you haven't changed in all that time.


I don't remember posting much at the Wargamer - other than mocking Curtis Szmania's weird farewell. Come to think of it, his bye bye speech was so Trumpian it may well have been the actual start to that entire political movement. Any of us would do well to be half as interesting as him. :-)

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on January 21, 2024, 12:59:06 PMI try to mirror what they do. But if they do sumfink for $24.99 I'll put it on ours for $25.


 :shocked:

Typical BFC price-gouging. Disgusting. My outrage knows no limits.

I'm going to presume the experiment of going to Steam has been a success though, even cynical me was persuaded to re-purchase a title or two just to get it on that platform. Easier than trying to remember where I stored my receipts with the keys. Glad to see this is working out.

Tripoli

Quote from: Father Ted on January 14, 2024, 01:06:00 PMI have read of one example where wargaming (as we know it) was used contemporaneously to solve a real-world tactical problem.  This was in the Battle of the Atlantic, when Royal Navy backroom staff constructed a wargame, complete with miniatures, in order to work out and defeat the tactics of the U-Boat wolfpacks.  Destroyer captains on shore leave were  ordered to play the game in order to learn coordinated manouevres - and it worked.
...
This free book from Naval War College Press may be of interest regarding the historical use of wargaming to solve problems, especially Part I: https://digital-commons.usnwc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1043&context=newport-papers
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln