[Dominions 6] Grogspocalypse: The Return! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, January 18, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaka

Since we had the extra time and I started playing another game with Muspelheim I decided to try a different nation as Ubar. Hope that is ok!

solops

Quote from: Tanaka on January 27, 2024, 07:25:40 PMSince we had the extra time and I started playing another game with Muspelheim I decided to try a different nation as Ubar. Hope that is ok!
Fine. All you two-eyes look the same.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

Let's hope this time Ulm is not surrounded by slippery sea folk.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

TheMeInTeam

I think it's hard for nations like Ulm or really most nations w/o amphibious nationals to reliably get underwater in 1st year.  It starts being possible for a lot of nations with construction 3 + couple other techs, otherwise you have to hope for ichtyids, merfolk, or atlantians/shambler provinces.  I think these are more common in Dom 6 based on testing?  Still no guarantee though.

Other issue is that even if you can get UW, most nations can't build forts the normal way there and can't draw resources.  Sailing nations probably want a coastal province but most don't, even fully amphibious nations.

solops

What are these "seas" you speak of? Are they akin to the vast mushroom forests of the Great Cave?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Tanaka

Looks like everyone has submitted and the game needs to be started?

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

I am unable to get the game to load.
When I select Groggies the return from the Network menu I get a box with "Exit" in it and cannot enter a password or progress from there.

NEVER MIND! Problem solved! It was not a user error. Nope. Definitely not a user error.
Probably.
Well, MAYBE......OK it WAS a user error. Waaah! I confess. I made a booboo.

Tanaka

Good luck everyone again! Hopefully we can get this one moving now!  :Party:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on January 27, 2024, 10:15:21 AMIt warms the cold ash that remains of my heart to see a vibrant, lively mp thread on these boards again 🥹

...staggering toward gamestart on a Dominions game, heh!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Good luck everyone!
Will push my turn once I am back from work later today.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

al_infierno

I heard back from Ajidica, sadly he didn't get my message in time.  He said he's interested in joining the next game!  Which I assume will be Middle Age, since this one is Early Age.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on January 29, 2024, 11:41:02 PMI heard back from Ajidica, sadly he didn't get my message in time.  He said he's interested in joining the next game!  Which I assume will be Middle Age, since this one is Early Age.

We could make it a series from early to middle to late haha...

Yskonyn

Guys, I'll be abroad from tomorrow until monday morning, so I'll play the next cycle in an hour or so, but won't be able to to do a turn until monday.