Assassins Creed Shadows

Started by Jarhead0331, May 15, 2024, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Has potential to be awesome. I've always scratched my head at why they never did a Japan themed title sooner. Seems like such a no brainer. I will, of course, have to overlook the historical inauthenticity of having a female ninja and black samurai as the two main protagonists, which if the game is good, will be fairly easy to do.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Thought of you immediately when I watched the trailer. Fingers crossed.

Assassin's Creed: Mirage is next up in my queue in a few weeks...after Ghost of Tsushima, of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Considering the concept of the game (although they may have 'finished' that plot several entries ago), the 'black' samurai might be perfectly fine because a descendent is 'playing' his ancestor's memories. Ditto the female ninja although really that's quite standard in the genre for longer than I've been alive! -- and the AssCreed stories have never been about historical accuracy in that sense anyway. (e.g. their version of George Washington)

Mainly, from the second game onward, their accuracy has aimed at good representations of the physical play areas along with some event-accuracy-flavor (so to speak). Relatedly, I wouldn't mind tourism versions of Odyssey and some earlier games, the way they did Origins.

I did think they had done Japan already in one of the console trilogy (for PSP?), but I guess that was China.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Yeah that was China. Russia and India too.

Origins is such a great game in every way. I think I put 125+ hours into it before finishing it unexpectedly, which made me sad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd