Ride of the FRIDAYS

Started by Tripoli, May 24, 2024, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 24, 2024, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on May 24, 2024, 05:45:50 PMThinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.

The show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.

Might go tomorrow. Will decide later today.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 24, 2024, 05:12:23 PMThere will be workers and resources soviet republic 

Curious, how is this game?  Have been tempted to pick up many times but always pause after reading conflicting information.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 25, 2024, 02:08:24 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 24, 2024, 05:12:23 PMThere will be workers and resources soviet republic 

Curious, how is this game?  Have been tempted to pick up many times but always pause after reading conflicting information.

Brilliant, comes out of early access next week I think - I've never had a problem with it bugs wise, some graphical shenanigans but nothing that hasn't been fixed

It's a very deep city builder if you want it to be - you can play it like a sim city and click build houses and they'll build and you'll pay the money for them OR you can set up constructors and builders and workers and all the right amount of machinery and 'build it yourself' importing the steel and bricks and prefab and build it that way, eventually spawning your own brick factories and gravel quarries and cutting the import amounts - same with railways, lay the tracks and pay sim city style or build a construction yard and import the track layer, steel and wood and build it yourself - it's very immersive that way and you have a genuine feel for it been your city as you've built it yourself - I'm a good 25 hours into my current game but only have 3000 inhabitants and a very low level industry because it's a game of patience building factories and waiting for all the stuff to be imported but very rewarding

I'm 200 hours in all told and that would be 400 and more if it wasn't for other games and will continue to be my go to chill out city builder - probably my first game to eventually tip the 1000 hours barrier

Jarhead0331

^I wish it had some military component. Not combat, per se, but some function in city building and management.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

QuoteThe show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.

Might go tomorrow. Will decide later today.

Not going to the Long Island show tomorrow, sorry. Will be couch potato and watch the Monaco GP.

Sir Slash

Thanks Gus, feeling much better today.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2024, 07:46:42 PM^I wish it had some military component. Not combat, per se, but some function in city building and management.

Like a military base or airfield

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 11:19:22 AMHow fleshed out are the eras? Do you enjoy the 'build your own faction' parts of the game?
As you know, i am slow and old. I am still only in the seconde era of my second game, so very early. Building your own faction is fun so far. Will give you more impressions once i move further in history.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 09:50:22 AMGhost of Tsushima, Shogun: Total War and perhaps some more Age of Empires IV Mongol campaign or even a skirmish as either the Mongols or Japanese. Assassin's Creed: Mirage waits in the wings impatiently.

Star Citizen and Grey Zone Warfare and 1:600 ironclads with little trees on the muddy banks of a tiny Mississippi.