Main Menu

Civilization VII

Started by steve58, June 07, 2024, 11:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

#45
Change civilisation as in start as Egypt and change to XXX - surely the whole point of the game is steering your civ through the ages - well, it is for me

YouTuber I follow - has 6 or 7 uploads of him playing the game


Anguille

#46
looking forward to it but i am in no hurry. Have still plenty to game with CIV VI, Humankind and others.

The game looks really nice. Like the visuals. A little disappointed to see that only 3 periods will be available though. Somehow, it almost like a city-builder now.

Gusington

^I noticed the three era cap too but I wonder if the tighter scope may make the game better. I am also happily surprised by the art style.

No way will I pre-order but I am more excited for this now than I was.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2024, 06:08:17 AM^I noticed the three era cap too but I wonder if the tighter scope may make the game better. I am also happily surprised by the art style.

No way will I pre-order but I am more excited for this now than I was.
I'm not going to pre-order, either.  At $70.00 for the low end, I'll probably wait for a year, then buy on sale.  While I might pay $70 to an indie to support them (I just did that for Starship Simulator), I won't do that for a major studio.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I will admit I am much more interested in Civ 7 now than I was 24 hours ago.

I hope there are campaigns contained in one era only.

An option to create campaigns comprised of 1 or 2 eras would be welcome (by me anyway) as well.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

If it's true that you dump your old game and start anew with each era, then they have finally turned Civ into a different game. 2-6 were each just variations on the prior.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

undercovergeek

Quote from: glen55 on August 21, 2024, 11:04:33 AMIf it's true that you dump your old game and start anew with each era, then they have finally turned Civ into a different game. 2-6 were each just variations on the prior.

it seems like the great unwashed are 50/50 over this

however, it seems its optional

Father Ted

I've never done Civ before, but I've been thinking about a city builder that moves through the ages, so i might pick this up down the line (ie at steep discount)

Gusington

^There is an indy city builder that will be released into early access at the end of the month that spans the ancient era into the Renaissance that looks incredible...of course the full name escapes me at the moment but I think it begins with 'M'.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: Tripoli on August 21, 2024, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2024, 06:08:17 AM^I noticed the three era cap too but I wonder if the tighter scope may make the game better. I am also happily surprised by the art style.

No way will I pre-order but I am more excited for this now than I was.
I'm not going to pre-order, either.  At $70.00 for the low end, I'll probably wait for a year, then buy on sale.  While I might pay $70 to an indie to support them (I just did that for Starship Simulator), I won't do that for a major studio.

Starship Simulator? Thanks Tripoli.  Like I need another game to add to my wishlist.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Thank you Steve...Memoriapolis, yes! Terrible name but cool looking game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: steve58 on August 21, 2024, 05:29:36 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on August 21, 2024, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2024, 06:08:17 AM^I noticed the three era cap too but I wonder if the tighter scope may make the game better. I am also happily surprised by the art style.

No way will I pre-order but I am more excited for this now than I was.
I'm not going to pre-order, either.  At $70.00 for the low end, I'll probably wait for a year, then buy on sale.  While I might pay $70 to an indie to support them (I just did that for Starship Simulator), I won't do that for a major studio.

Starship Simulator? Thanks Tripoli.  Like I need another game to add to my wishlist.

It is defintely a labor of love for the developer, but I appreciate the vision he has. FWIW,  they had a really successful kickstarter.  https://starshipsimulator.co.uk/   
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2024, 07:58:22 PMThank you Steve...Memoriapolis, yes! Terrible name but cool looking game.

Thanks guys - that looks more suited to what I'm after than Civ