Main Menu

Friday Night Lili

Started by steve58, June 07, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Always loved this song.  God Bless those who lost their lives in WWII to preserve our freedom.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/lili-marlene/

...and the English version by Vera Lynn whom I'm in love with!!

Will be playing my usual World of Warships and trying out the Over the Top: WWI demo.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Putting Ghost of Tsushima aside for a bit and starting a skirmish game in Age of Empires IV with a sprinkling of Field of Glory: Kingdoms, Knights of Honor: Sovereign and the Medieval 1212 mod for Attila: Total War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Workers and resources - approaching 5000 pop and starting to bed in the agriculture industry - my biggest import is crops to feed the food factories and distilleries - may as well grow it myself

Some warno - building a Russian deck after always been a hind fanboy

Watched a let's play of nebulous fleet command and loved it - no speech just a guy playing, testing out the new UI and it looked amazing - if there's one game I promise to teach myself - it's this 

Gusington

:Dreamer: You had me at 'Hind fanboy' ... in other than Russian service, these days, of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

I think I will fly the RazBam DCS modules. Just to get some time in before they fall victim to bitrot.

Tripoli

BoC work.  Fight Club work. Update the Rule the Waves 3 AAR. Maybe some Combat Mission Battle for Normandy AAR work, where the poor 29th ID is having a bad day on the DOG GREEN beach.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Feels like a Combat Mission weekend to me. Been a while since I fed my pixle-troopen to the Beast. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

The Errandor Chronicles and getting further into my first play through as Scotland in Field of Glory Kingdoms.

I must say it is a long time since a country felt so distinctive to play in a strategy game. Dirt poor peasantry scraping a living from subsistence agriculture and a few clay pits with a scattering of Baronial Manors. My Scottish nobility are the biggest bunch of disloyal charlatans and corrupt graspers you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy (apart from the English😁).

My cunning scheme to cosy up to the Normans ahead of their invasion has come to naught as they have got themselves into a quagmire war with France proper and it's vassals but I have almost united Scotland with Strathclyde being the latest to fall after it's Lord fled after being beaten in battle....(There are some great events) .

Now to try and deal with the Norse vassals to the north and west who have been raiding Ross and Argyll much to my annoyance.

This game is really grabbing me.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Phantom

Just bought GMT's Pax Romana" and in midst of setting it up (no mean feat, its a board game beast) but should give a rewarding multiple hours/days of play.

CJReich46

Okay I was going to grab Kingdoms but due to a major CF.  :cussing: I lost my phone and had to get a new one. Seriously this was the end of the week, so it was like the last two days were hell and I've been dealing with a depressive episode for some time.
Of course, this was after earlier this week getting some maintenance done on my Saab - just an oil change and AC recharge for the summer. So I was like, Okay..just got the car fixed no biggie, payday coming and...
:crybaby: "Best laid plans..." said the Scottish poet.

So I am off today. I have Emperor ROTMK - Han Dynasty "A New Capital at Luoyang" - 25CE. I might do something else I am not sure what though.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Just the fact that you own a Saab should make everything that much better.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I spent all yesterday travelling to and from London, and whilst there watching MLB of all things. Which means I'll spend today catching up on chores instead of getting to grips with my eclectic recent purchases:

Field of Glory: Kingdoms
Police Brutality Simulator (actual name I believe Ready or Not)
CMBN Vehicle and Battle packs.

Geezer

Playing some Old World after buying it many moons ago and then never making time for it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Star Citizen
Company of Heroes 3
WARNO
Maybe some Homeworld3 if a friend that has it is keen.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"