Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam

Started by Tripoli, December 22, 2024, 03:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Mark Herman's Rebel Fury boardgame is being ported to a solo/two player computer game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/

Review of the boardgame is here: https://theboardgameschronicle.com/2024/10/26/review-rebel-fury/
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

son of guest

Woohoo!  I really like this board game so happy to see this announcement.  The Gettysburg port from this series was pretty decent but I'm played out on Gettysburg in general.

Rayfer

Good post Trip...I've eyed the board game for a while now but never pulled the trigger, it gets great reviews. Now I'll wait for the computer version.

Grogzilla

This looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
"Maybe there's a little Grogzilla in all of us"

Senex

#4
I wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.

JasonPratt

Grogzilla, that's a great icon, handle, and tagline! I recognize the quote, too!

Maybe the computer version will allow adaptations of the prequel (Gettysburg) and the sequel, too (Army of the Potomoc).

Quote from: Senex on December 25, 2024, 10:28:31 AMI wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.

The new Rally the Troops web-engine doesn't have many games yet, only 22, but good news! -- They do have Washington's War and one of its design sequels Waterloo Campaign 1815. (Also some of Volko Ruhnke's related work like Wilderness War, Andean Abyss, and Nevsky.)

I've been playing Andy, Time of Crisis (with its expansion), and Plantagenet, pretty regularly with the Crisis Grogs group for a year or more. It's a solid gaming engine, though with no oppositional AI. We just started messing with Maria this past week (which we used to play 'live' on Tabletop Simulator.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grogzilla

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 26, 2024, 09:38:43 AMGrogzilla, that's a great icon, handle, and tagline! I recognize the quote, too!


Thanks bro. Long time lurker. I was just waiting for the perfect name and then one day recently, it hit me!
"Maybe there's a little Grogzilla in all of us"

nelmsm

Quote from: Senex on December 25, 2024, 10:28:31 AMI wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.

You can play Washington's War on the Rally The Troops site.  Got several games going now and room for more if anyone is interested.

Tripoli

Damn.  According to Steam, Nelmsm purchased the newly released "Rebel Fury" before I did.  I must be getting old..... :-)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

nelmsm

Quote from: Tripoli on February 27, 2025, 12:45:27 PMDamn.  According to Steam, Nelmsm purchased the newly released "Rebel Fury" before I did.  I must be getting old..... :-)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/
Well as old as I am I'd hate to think what that made you!