Main Menu

Action PC Football

Started by Phantom, January 11, 2025, 09:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Phantom

Just a mention for the above game - IMO one of the best PC American Football simulations - reason I'm posting is that the base game (including a lot of legacy teams/seasons) is on sale for $17 - an absolute steal
https://shop.dksports.com/2024FootballGameLimitedTimeOffer.aspx
Touchdown!

solops

My favorite football game, by far.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Jarhead0331

It looks like the War in the Pacific of football games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Phantom

it certainly gives a lot of options, though to a large degree you can use them as & when you wish, and it can boil down to a simpler game if that's how you wish to play it. I've found that it does give credible outcomes, which is a shame as I normally play the Bears  :embarrassed:

KyzBP

Years ago I played in an online league that used Action! PC Football.  The league was a ton of fun and the game was perfect for solo or multi-player. The graphics were/are minimal but they're more than adequate.  The best parts are under the hood and in your face.  The UI is simple (once you understand American football) and the game engine gives you realistic outcomes.  I may have to pick this up again and see what online leagues are out there.

solops

I have a bunch of old seasons and teams that I bought back in 2009. I just checked with the Action PC! guy and he says the old add-ons work fine with the new game engine.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Phantom on January 11, 2025, 09:36:18 AMJust a mention for the above game - IMO one of the best PC American Football simulations - reason I'm posting is that the base game (including a lot of legacy teams/seasons) is on sale for $17 - an absolute steal
https://shop.dksports.com/2024FootballGameLimitedTimeOffer.aspx
Touchdown!

Sold!

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sigwolf

Does anyone have any experience with their hockey game, and whether it is of the same quality as the football?  I've looked at it for years, but never pulled the trigger.

Tripoli

Is there interest/enough interest to form a Grogheads league with this game?  I would suck at it, but I'm willing to join if there is interest.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tripoli on January 15, 2025, 01:29:14 PMIs there interest/enough interest to form a Grogheads league with this game?  I would suck at it, but I'm willing to join if there is interest.

I'd be up for that. Of course I have no idea what I am doing...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bruce205

Score more points than the opposition. Pretty simple :)

KyzBP

Quote from: Tripoli on January 15, 2025, 01:29:14 PMIs there interest/enough interest to form a Grogheads league with this game?  I would suck at it, but I'm willing to join if there is interest.

I would do it.

Tripoli

K. I've purchased the game and will play around with it to see how we can put together a Grogshead league.  Give me a week to see how/if it is doable
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GibbyG

Quote from: Sigwolf on January 15, 2025, 10:15:18 AMDoes anyone have any experience with their hockey game, and whether it is of the same quality as the football?  I've looked at it for years, but never pulled the trigger.

I've been in a Hockey league for years. I've never played football so can't compare, but the hockey game usually has some bugs that get addressed eventually. Perfectly playable and nothing game breaking, just annoying, 

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tripoli on January 18, 2025, 03:42:26 PMK. I've purchased the game and will play around with it to see how we can put together a Grogshead league.  Give me a week to see how/if it is doable


sounds good
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.