Main Menu

What was the game...?

Started by JudgeDredd, March 05, 2025, 02:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

What was the game that allowed WWII fighters to fight a range of jets? It was out in the 90s or early 2000s

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Thomm

Here is what ChatGPT says:

One of the best-known games that lets you pit fighter planes from different eras against each other in air combat is "Wings of Prey" (2009) and its predecessor "IL-2 Sturmovik" series (2001 and onward). However, if you're looking for something more arcade-style, the "Ace Combat" series (especially Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies from 2001) includes aircraft from multiple eras, even experimental planes.

Another great option is "Jane's Fighters Anthology" (1997), which allows for matchups between jets from different decades.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Yep - Micorprose. That was the baby. Thanks.

The video just reminded me of it.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


republic

Somehow I missed that game, wish I'd found it back in the day.  I really wish there were more single player (with multiplayer) sim-lite games out there.  I spent so many hours on Aces Over Europe/Pacific, US Navy Fighters, and others I can't remember.  Thirdwire's Strike Fighers 2 was awesome but it seems abandoned now.  Nuclear Option is probably my current favorite, but its still in Early Access.