Main Menu

Blue FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, May 09, 2025, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Early this week (5 May) was the 64th Anniversary of Alan Shepard's flight in Freedom 7, so a space-themed song from the 60's seems appropriate.  And I don't like David Bowie's Space Oddity.  SO that left this: The docking sequence from Kubric's 2001 A Space Oddysey.  From my perspective, this scene has held up remarkably well in the 5+ decades since release.


Me?  Fight Club work.  Also, I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can use AI to plan and fight Buford's stand on McPherson's Ridge on 1 July 1863 using "Scourge of War".  This could be a disaster.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on May 09, 2025, 03:06:26 PMa space-themed song from the 60's seems appropriate. 

A song from the 1860's to be more precise.

For gaming, still running around in Baldur's Gate 3.



Have a good weekend !

Destraex

Naval Action.

Company of Heroes
Maybe some Tank Squad
Maybe some Rule the Waves 3
Maybe a little Strategos

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

#3
This is going to be a weekend of mostly jank. Tank Squad and Vietnam War. Despite their warts, they have me totally hooked. When I want to use my brain, I'll play Panzer Campaigns Poland 1939 or DCS.

Oh, I'm also making a UH-60 Black Hawk on my 3D printer.

Have a good one fellas.

EDIT: Forgot I picked up the new DLC for Mechwarrior 5 Clans, so I'll probably see some action in the Inner Sphere with Clan Ghost Bear.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


W8taminute

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers whether grogheads or not.   :Party:  :grin:


Been playing Battlefleet 2 the past few days.  Great naval strategy game that doesn't require too much brainpower. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk