Tornado in Queens & Brooklyn

Started by mirth, September 08, 2012, 01:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Saw that.

I figure DHS only spent about a half million bucks confirming that it wasn't terrorist related.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Capn Darwin

Same system that put us in the basement at 3am last night for a while. Thankfully never went to ground around here this time.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Gusington

It was about a mile from my Mom. Same front tested my generator last night for about 5 hours.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

It is really weird having folks I work with on the east coast ask me as a Nebraskan if I worry about tornados.....

....and then this happens.

Say what you like but we've been having some odd weather over the last few years.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

The End Times are Nigh...

-Talk Radio Says so!


At least one guy will be happy:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: DoctorQuest on September 09, 2012, 04:07:18 PM
It is really weird having folks I work with on the east coast ask me as a Nebraskan if I worry about tornados.....

After I heard about it I looked at radar. Honestly, while there was some storm activity, I couldn't pick out the offending cell. So I figured that while it may very well have been a tornado, it was a pretty weak one.

Knocking out the power was probably more widespread because cells like these re so uncommon - weak branches might get tested for snow but not high winds. Thus the blackout.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on September 09, 2012, 02:19:43 PM
It was about a mile from my Mom. Same front tested my generator last night for about 5 hours.

Yeah there was some nasty wind and rain in that front.  We lost power for a couple hours but thankfully no damage.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

^Sweet. We didn't have any damage either. And Mom wasn't tossed to Oz. Better luck next time for that.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd