Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will be delisted next week

Started by glen55, November 10, 2025, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

glen55

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

SpaceGameJunkie

It's a very good game. Definitely worth getting even if you have a passing interest.

Tripoli

Quote from: glen55 on November 10, 2025, 11:24:28 AMhttps://www.pcgamer.com/games/strategy/battlestar-galactica-deadlock-one-of-the-pcs-best-spaceship-strategy-games-will-no-longer-be-available-for-purchase-on-any-platform-as-of-next-week/

I searched the forum and it looks like some people enjoyed the game but I didn't see anything more substantive than that. Any recommendations for or against?

It is pretty good.  Worth the money.  I've enjoyed it through the years, enough to yesterday purchase the only two DLCs I didn't have.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Worth noting that the game is story-complete by now, finishing out the first Cylon war (i.e. pre series).

I've never played it but I own everything.  :cylonA:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero


Destraex

Quote from: glen55 on November 10, 2025, 11:24:28 AMhttps://www.pcgamer.com/games/strategy/battlestar-galactica-deadlock-one-of-the-pcs-best-spaceship-strategy-games-will-no-longer-be-available-for-purchase-on-any-platform-as-of-next-week/

I searched the forum and it looks like some people enjoyed the game but I didn't see anything more substantive than that. Any recommendations for or against?
It's up there with homeworld for me. About six months ago, I got all the dlc on special and started a second base game campaign to use it as I rewatched the 2000s battlestar galactica tv show. It really hits the spot being wego and having all those juicy sound effects from the tv series.

I was part of the alpha test team for this game originally.

P.s. black labs are coincidentally announcing a new game in a few days
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"