Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns

Started by Martok, February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on March 12, 2012, 08:09:04 AM
Hey Shelldrake, I've been getting "Unable to create game" error messages the last few days, where the game refuses to load and I can't play my turn(s).  You having any problems on your end?  (This is in our original 2-player campaign.) 

No problems on my end. The last turn I played was turn 66 on Saturday.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

W8taminute

Did you guys get my last turn?  I think we're on turn 13 now if I'm not mistaken.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Shelldrake

Quote from: W8taminute on March 12, 2012, 08:50:53 AM
Did you guys get my last turn?  I think we're on turn 13 now if I'm not mistaken.

Got it yesterday and got Martok's turn today so will play when I get home tonight. Race of Machines looks like they might be a problem for us w8taminute. Your human empire is coming along nicely. Lucky you with a rich planetary system - no such luck for my Linkins. Have you encountered Martok yet?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

W8taminute

I believe I may have not yet encountered Martok in-game.  I'll double check on my next turn. 

I was surprised to get a break on that rich planetary system.  In all my single player games with vanilla Armada I would only sometimes get a mineral rich starting planet or one within reach of my initial colony. 

Sidenote: I like the Supernova expansion and glad I got it.  It's also good to be playing with human players as well. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Windigo

I just read this thread. Congrats men, you have convinced me to try this game and get into the PBEM community. Will need to wait until April to purchase the game when my fun money account gets rejuvinated.

The price of 20 dollars appears to be reasonable. Is Super Nova stand alone or do I need Armada 2526 as well??
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Windigo on March 12, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
The price of 20 dollars appears to be reasonable. Is Super Nova stand alone or do I need Armada 2526 as well??

Windy,Armada 2526 is the base game and is needed for the Supernova expansion.

Dean Edell

Windigo

Thanks ShellDrake... back to the Matrix site for info

W8taminute

Windy: Armada Supernova is 14.95 over at Gamersgate.  Just an FYI.  Yes you do need to purchase the base game as well.

Windigo

Quote from: W8taminute on March 12, 2012, 12:15:28 PM
Windy: Armada Supernova is 14.95 over at Gamersgate.  Just an FYI.  Yes you do need to purchase the base game as well.

Awesome tip. Thanks.

I will say up front to the Armada players that I am one to play because I wear my TMF* badge with honour because I just love to play the games.

*TMF = Tactical Mind F**k - a.k.a.,  a wargamer dork  who doesn't care if they win because its about the wargaming style points

W8taminute

I'm with you on that Windy.  I do play my single player games with the intent of winning, however when I play with/against human players, it's all about looking good at being a wargamer dork.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 12, 2012, 08:36:03 AM
Quote from: Martok on March 12, 2012, 08:09:04 AM
Hey Shelldrake, I've been getting "Unable to create game" error messages the last few days, where the game refuses to load and I can't play my turn(s).  You having any problems on your end?  (This is in our original 2-player campaign.) 

No problems on my end. The last turn I played was turn 66 on Saturday.

Martok,
If you like I can replay turn  66 and see if that gets us back on  track.

Dean Edell

Martok

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 12, 2012, 04:34:24 PM
Martok,
If you like I can replay turn  66 and see if that gets us back on  track.
Sure, why not.  I'm uncertain as to whether the game will let you do that (since you're not the host), but it's probably worth a try. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on March 12, 2012, 10:58:46 AM
I believe I may have not yet encountered Martok in-game.  I'll double check on my next turn. 
I believe I'm located just a little north-of-center.  Where are you and Shelldrake at? 

I was surprised to get a break on that rich planetary system.  In all my single player games with vanilla Armada I would only sometimes get a mineral rich starting planet or one within reach of my initial colony. 
Heh, I didn't even realize we were playing with the "Normal Homeworlds" option disabled.  (My homeworld is Normal, so the thought never occurred to me.)  That definitely makes life a little more interesting... 

Sidenote: I like the Supernova expansion and glad I got it.  It's also good to be playing with human players as well. 
That's awesome, W8taminute; I'm glad you're enjoying it! 

To my surprise, I concur with you on the joy of playing with other humans.  I've never been a fan of multiplayer, but Armada has proved to be a major exception to this rule. 

I think it helps that most of the folks I play with (including and especially those of us here) are mostly out just to have fun.  I'm generally not the cutthroat "bloodthirsty" type, particularly in grand strategy games -- games like Mechwarrior and Command & Conquer are sometimes a different matter -- and I subsequently tend to have a strong dislike of MP matches that are played that way.  (Someday, I'll tell you about a Birth of the Federation MP match I once participated in; it rather turned me off of online gaming for a long time!) 

Anyway, I've been very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy playing Armada online with you guys.  It's definitely a blast! 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Martok

Quote from: Windigo on March 12, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
I just read this thread. Congrats men, you have convinced me to try this game and get into the PBEM community. Will need to wait until April to purchase the game when my fun money account gets rejuvinated.
Sweet!  We'll be here whenever you're ready.  8) 

I believe you can get the Armada Gold Edition (includes both the original game and Supernova) at GG for a reasonable price ($30-35, IIRC). 

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on March 13, 2012, 05:17:49 AM
I believe I'm located just a little north-of-center.  Where are you and Shelldrake at? 

I am at the lower far right and w8aminute is just to my left. I suspect that we will eventually have to wage war with the Race of Machines if they keep encroaching on us.

Dean Edell