US Ambassador to Libya and 3 staff members killed

Started by Bison, September 11, 2012, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 12, 2012, 10:18:27 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 12, 2012, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 12, 2012, 09:08:09 AM
No surprised by any of this.

I'm surprised at the timing. Seems suspect but what do I know?

You think that the Mormon/Republican Illuminati is out kicking hornet's nests in Egypt and Libya to make Barry look bad?

Nay, Dick Cheney did it.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MIGMaster

At least the take away from this is simple - let Syria go, help would be potentially dangerous in the long-term if Egypt and Libya are any examples. Until Israel becomes an island in a sea of glass this shit will continue....

Centurion40

Quote from: MIGMaster on September 12, 2012, 10:32:05 AM
At least the take away from this is simple - let Syria go, help would be potentially dangerous in the long-term if Egypt and Libya are any examples. Until Israel becomes an island in a sea of glass this shit will continue....

Wisdom from the woods!  Agreed on all points.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 12, 2012, 10:18:27 AM
You think that the Mormon/Republican Illuminati is out kicking hornet's nests in Egypt and Libya to make Barry look bad?

Not exactly.

My first thought was that, after being relatively quiet for so long, why now? Then I wondered why on that date?

Then I wondered if the snub of Netanyahu had anything to do with it. *That* is a conspiracy theory I might be willing to watch on TV.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Keunert

the best thing would be if we can avoid war with Iran and its population will bring down its regime, sick of its mismanagement. that would be the hardest blow to islamists that i can imagine.

a limited strike on nuclear facilities may soon be necessary but it sure will get the regime some 'legimitation' back.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Jarhead0331

All of these animals must die...I do not know why the world tolerates their incorrigible existence.  Remember Somalia?  Remember Fallujah?  Maybe we will remember Benghazi too?  What is next?

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Keunert on September 12, 2012, 01:34:02 PMget the regime some 'legimitation' back.

Kenny, the word you're looking for is "legitimacy"
But we knew what you meant ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Keunert

extremely disgusting actions.

german: Legitimation - englify - small l!

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Steelgrave

I'm just waiting for the administration to apologize for Jarhead's posting of the pics here. I'm sure its coming.

And all the news can talk about is Romney, trying to paint his reaction as somehow misguided.

You know, considering the tone of the apology...which I swear to God when I read it my first thought was that it must be from The Onion...but the end of the statement, which reads "We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.".....you have to wonder, how long will it be before the Dems here try to codify "hate speech" in the same way that they have done in Canada and parts of Europe? I can only imagine a future day after some other horrific event when we are apologizing yet again even as Homeland Security sweeps up the American producers of such a film, or comic strip, or any material deemed "offensive". I try to stay off of the right wing paranoia branch occupied by Harley, but when our government talks about the offensive use of free speech which "hurts feelings", even as our personnel lie bleeding....wtf??? Who the hell are we anymore???

Steelgrave

Oh and here is more for us to chew on......http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E8KCJ5X20120912

Seems the Egyptian President is upset....not with the protestors, but with the filmmaker who supposedly caused all this.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 12, 2012, 03:54:42 PM
Oh and here is more for us to chew on......http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E8KCJ5X20120912

Seems the Egyptian President is upset....not with the protestors, but with the filmmaker who supposedly caused all this.

Of course, this can probably be (at least in part) chalked up to self preservation. He can either follow the crowd or be part of the next Egyptian government toppled by it.

Jarhead0331

^Who would want to "govern" these ingrates anyway? Seems the only people who are capable of governing them are those sadistic few megalomaniacs who have absolutely no reservation about engaging in murder, torture, blackmail and threats to stay in power. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

The Puss

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 12, 2012, 04:07:16 PM
^Who would want to "govern" these ingrates anyway? Seems the only people who are capable of governing them are those sadistic few megalomaniacs who have absolutely no reservation about engaging in murder, torture, blackmail and threats to stay in power.
George Bush 1 was a man who understood Gulf War 1 and the regional equilibrium aftermath, one day I hope he gets a lot more credit for it.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

OJsDad

When dad was stationed at RAF Mildenhall, I went to high school at Lakenheath, that's were some of the F-111's that Reagan sent to Libya came from.  How I miss those planes. 

The more I think about it, the more pissed I get at Obama.  He should never have commented on the film, instead he should have simply reinforced that part of having freedom of speech is having people express views you totally oppose.  And it's not those opposing views that create problems, but people's reactions to them.  All he seems to have done it tell people that perhaps freedom of speech is something we shouldn't have. 

I for one have no doubt that if this was Christians or a Jews that had reacted this way, he would have no problem with defending the people that created the violent reaction and condemned those committing the violence.

Hopefully Romney will craft this a another reason to get the heck off of Middle East oil, so we quit sending them hundreds of billions a year in oil sales and aid.  Nor would we have to spend billions on keeping a military presence there.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.