War Thunder Global beta keys

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

Hopefully(WT Ground Forces) will be better than WoT.
I'm really looking forward to open beta, and if it turns out to be another pay to win fake physics and skill game I'll be extremely disappointed.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Nefaro

#136
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2014, 01:33:44 PM
Well I have my preferred titles for real sim stuff, but I am interested in WT for the more 'jump in and get into the action quickly' while having a reasonable simulation as opposed to the arcade model of Ace Combat or Battlefield.
If WT is just that then I am super interested!

That's exactly what I play War Thunder for.  It's more sim-like than World of Tanks/World of Airplanes but there are three different difficulty modes you can select to join matches in. 

I tend towards the 'Arcade Mode' matches with WT when I don't want to drag out the HOTAS, TrackIR, and all that jazz.  Just fly with mouse & keyboard even.  Which is odd because I normally detest arcade flying games.  This one still has some degree of that sim feel to it in Arcade Mode and, of course, the 'Historical Mode' for a more Sim-like flight model.  The problem there is that many of the aircraft types still don't have proper flight models so you get weirdness with some of them at the higher realism modes.

Quote from: Dolan50 on April 27, 2014, 03:52:14 PM
Hopefully(WT Ground Forces) will be better than WoT.
I'm really looking forward to open beta, and if it turns out to be another pay to win fake physics and skill game I'll be extremely disappointed.

If they take the same design philosophy as they did with WT Air Forces, then it should be a bit closer to a Sim than an Arcade game with fookeen 'Hit Points' like WoT.   I also hope they don't add a bunch of tanks that were barely drawn up or with crazy turret upgrades & such (as in WoT) and stick closer to historical production models.  If they want to add more tanks, they can progress into the Cold War era quite easily.  They should do the same with the Air Forces, eventually.

Nefaro

#137
War Thunder is having a 3-day event.

If you get so many kills, they'll add you to their Tank beta.


Quote
Destroy 60/10/4 enemy aircraft and win 9 battles
to get the "Victory Banner" decal and Ground Forces CBT access


I was a bit lukewarm about the Tank beta, so I didn't apply to the closed beta test.  But now that it's quickly approaching Open Beta, I may jump in now.  Looking forward to checking out the Naval battle one they've been dev'ing much more.

Nefaro