War Thunder Global beta keys

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

So what's everyone flying and where?

In my hangar, I currently have:

Wellington Mk X
Beaufighter Mk VIC
Beaufighter Mk X (my fave)
Spitfire Mk XVI
Typhoon Mk IA


I usually check the historical missions to see if anyone's flying full real mode with Brit planes.  If so, I join up.  If not, I go into arcade madness and get blowed up a lot.



Nefaro

#31
Quote from: Sunflare on October 04, 2012, 09:07:46 PM
Saw Nefaro in battle today.  Good to see some Grogheads out there.

Saw me gettin Noob-toasted!  :D

*****
I'm not terribly crazed about the mouse controls in this one, so I've been spending a lot of time tweaking all the joystick settings.   The rudder tweaking has been a real pain and I'm still not satisfied with where I have it. 

Excellent game.   The damage modeling is impressive.  8)

I started on the American line because there's a P-38 in there.   I wouldn't mind a Jug either.   I sure hope that they haven't lowered the leveling requirements for beta.  It's taking forever to rank up this Rank 1 Noob Lawnmower with wings (a Buffalo) as it is.   ;D   

Silent Disapproval Robot

But you burned so artfully on the edge of the island runway.

steve58

Earlier this week I got a beta key from Deadskin (Thanks again!).  Signed up this afternoon and downloaded the game.  Didn't like my passwd when I tried to login so I requested another.  Hopefully I can get one soon as I'd like to give WT a go tonight.  How long does it normally take for them to respond?  Thanks...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Nefaro on October 05, 2012, 01:13:40 AM
Quote from: Sunflare on October 04, 2012, 09:07:46 PM
Saw Nefaro in battle today.  Good to see some Grogheads out there.

Saw me gettin Noob-toasted!  :D

*****
I'm not terribly crazed about the mouse controls in this one, so I've been spending a lot of time tweaking all the joystick settings.   The rudder tweaking has been a real pain and I'm still not satisfied with where I have it. 

Excellent game.   The damage modeling is impressive.  8)

I started on the American line because there's a P-38 in there.   I wouldn't mind a Jug either.   I sure hope that they haven't lowered the leveling requirements for beta.  It's taking forever to rank up this Rank 1 Noob Lawnmower with wings (a Buffalo) as it is.   ;D

Actually, they went the other way with the leveling and increased the requirements in the last patch.  I have a level 8 pilot with a level 8 ranking in the Brit forces.  Prior to the last patch, I got my Welly Mk X and my Spit Mk XVI at level 7 and 8.  They now require level 12 or something. 

Good luck with the rudder.  I still haven't got mine tweaked either.

If you want quick XP, land and take hostile/neutral airfields, blow up destroyers on naval maps, and fly some historical or sandbox missions.

Deadskin

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 04, 2012, 09:24:39 PM
So what's everyone flying and where?

well my current lineup

US: P63A-10,F6F-3, A20G,  F4Ua-1, P47D, P39Q-5
German: Fw190 D-13, Ju88 A-4, HE-111 H-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F4/trop, Bf109 F4
Japan: A6M5 KO Reisen, A6M5 Reisen, A6M3 mod 22, Ki-61 lb Hei
British: Beaufighter Mk X, Wellington Mk Ic Late, Spitfire Mk Vc, Spitfire Mk Vb, SPitfire Mk II, Hurricane Mk II

I can switch between sides and let the planes repair for free, haven't played anything but Arcade and some of the single player missions.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jesus!  Have you bought lions or something?

Deadskin

I got free Lions for owning Wings of Prey and the Luftwaffe expansion. I did buy the pacific campaign pack in the ingame store for $20 that gave me some more which I used for extra slots and converting xp.

steve58

Finally got in.  After having my a** handed to me more times than I want to admit, I finally got my first kill...a Wellington.  8)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

#39
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 05, 2012, 07:03:03 PM

Good luck with the rudder.  I still haven't got mine tweaked either.


I gave up on using the joystick.  The controls were just far too sensitive for my tastes, even when turned down all the way and non-linear up to 40+%.   Back to mouse flying!

Wish their matchmaker didn't hate me so much.   I see the people in queue go count up from 2 (me) to 36+ people then drop back to 2 again on a regular basis, and I'm still left sitting there.   This waiting 4:15 to get into a match blows.

Also:  I don't have access to their Beta forum, and many others don't either.  I get the impression that these guys don't have many English speaking employees.

MikeGER

Quote from: Sunflare on October 02, 2012, 01:32:52 PM
I also have invite keys if there is anyone else that wants one.

i would like to give it a spin too, please  :)  Deadskin , Sunflare ....memories of good'ol CoD4 matches on Longblade's server surface :D 

Nefaro

This really is a superb game.   Minus some tweaking needed, of course.

Hey!  Are they gonna do a wipe before official release?  Because I see people mentioning getting awarded Gold Eagles for things they've purchased and that wouldn't make sense getting the cash shop points if there will be a wipe.  I expect a wipe in every beta, though, but just thought I'd ask because those two things didn't jive.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I already spent all my lions on uselessness so I wouldn't mind a wipe and reset.  I converted mine to XP to I could unload somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1000 crew points into training 4 gunners for my Wellington.  What a waste.  Tey might score one or two hits before the whole thing goes up like a roman candle.  In terms of ruggedness, the Welly compares slighty less favourably than a Christmas tree ornament.

I don't know what the Brits did to cheese off the Russians so much, but there doesn't seem to be much love lost.  The World of Tanks guys won't even make a Brit tank line.  If you look into the War Thunder achievments ledger, you need to shoot down 500 German, Japanese, or Soviet planes to get an award, but you need to down only 50 Brits or Yanks to get the same award.

Nefaro

#43
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 06, 2012, 05:48:01 AM


I don't know what the Brits did to cheese off the Russians so much, but there doesn't seem to be much love lost.  The World of Tanks guys won't even make a Brit tank line.  If you look into the War Thunder achievments ledger, you need to shoot down 500 German, Japanese, or Soviet planes to get an award, but you need to down only 50 Brits or Yanks to get the same award.

I've wondered that, myself.  Those Russian devs definitely don't like the Brits.   I mean.. even the French got their tanks in WoT.  ::)

At least the Brits are in War Thunder.   And those Spits melt faces. 



*I'm still curious if there will be a wipe.  I suppose some forum digging might give me a nugget of truth in all the speculation.  I just find it odd that they jacked the XP requirements up so high - while it's still in beta.   It's taking for-fookeen-ever just to grind through to Nation Level 4.   And people being given golden lions for stuff?  I still don't understand why they would do that unless they plan on giving the exact same amount to you guys again, after a reset, which would be extra work on their end.

Nefaro

Mehh.. something odd here:

QuoteAt the next stage of the beta test we'll make it possible for you to exchange real money for in-game Golden Eagles.

Attention! There is no necessity to bring the money into the game!

Since the game is running in beta-test we can reset your accounts for testing purposes or because of substantial changes in the mechanics of the game.

Therefore consider this circumstance making any payments with the real money.

All operations with money in the game are limited to purchase of Golden Eagles(aka Eagles). All Eagles that you have bought earlier you can verify in your YUPLAY profile separately from testing-related wipes.

We will try to save the Eagles you've purchased during beta-test for the real money, by this way:

    it will be as much Golden Eagles on your account after the wipe, as you have bought for real money before it (or, probably, as much, as you could buy for the same price after it)

In any case, we will try to avoid wipes as much as possible.

Let us remind it once again:
Any payments with real money are not necessary at all. By doing any actual payments you accept all the information and terms listed above!

That was in General Chat.  So I guess it will be saved for after wipes?  Then again I'm not quite understanding what he's saying about "real money" not being necessary, but then this stuff carrying over..  Confuzzled.