Main Menu

improv ze englisch

Started by Keunert, October 04, 2012, 07:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Keunert

Apparantly the EU has some good ideas lately:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

W8taminute

Aber kann Ich Deutsch sprechen noch jetzt.   :D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Keunert

That können Du bemerkenswert well!
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

W8taminute

#3
^Vielen Dank!

Today I learned a new word in German at one of the many meetings I have to go to.  It was about Kostfrei Lieferung and part deliveries to our customers. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Keunert

Kostfrei! ehat a word, never even used it. what kind of work are you doing???
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

W8taminute

I'm a quality engineer in a company that makes semi conductor components.  We make chips for everything from cellular phones to televisions to airbag sensors in cars.  Some of the shipments we send to our larger customers are designated as KL (Kostfrei Lieferung) material because we promise them x amount of units at no delivery charge.  Don't really know why but I guess it has something to do with customer service and what the sales team promises our customers.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
Kostfrei! ehat a word, never even used it. what kind of work are you doing???

I'm thinking "Kostenlos" might work better? Or "Gratis"?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.