Anheuser Bush Shipping H2O Not Beer

Started by LongBlade, November 03, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Anheuser Bush has ceased beer production in Georgia and will instead ship water to the northeast for disaster relief.

QuoteThe brewery plans on shipping 1 million cans of drinking water to New York and New Jersey from its Cartersville, Ga., brewery, MyFoxAtlanta reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/03/anheuser-busch-halts-beer-to-make-water-for-sandy-victims

The GM of the plant said:

Quote"When you look at the devastation, this is the least thing that we can do. We're good at this. This is our way of helping," said Haas.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/03/anheuser-busch-halts-beer-to-make-water-for-sandy-victims/

Bravo for them.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Mr. Bigglesworth

Smart. That is serious good will building in the area for little cost to them. Many people will switch brands as a reply.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 03, 2012, 01:22:15 PM
Smart. That is serious good will building in the area for little cost to them. Many people will switch brands as a reply.

I'll buy when they start making a beer I enjoy drinking. However, I'm thrilled to see this kind of support for the community, and I'll remember this the next time I decide to try one of the mass-produced brews.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2012, 01:33:12 PM
it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!

It would be even smarter if they started making decent beer to begin with!

Seriously though, good initiative by them.

Staggerwing

#6
Good on them! They have done this before. IRRC it was after Hurricane Irene.


EDIT: They have been doing it a while it seems:

QuoteSince 1988, Anheuser-Busch has donated more than 70 million cans of drinking water following natural and other disasters.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/weather/hurricane/anheuser-busch-donates-drinking-water
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2012, 01:33:12 PM
it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!
Couldn't agree more!! ;) Besides those folks need cheering up after all they've been through. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

airboy

They have been doing this for a very long time.  I have a can of "bud water" that I use in class occasionally that came from the early 1990s.

Question - is Bud Water any different from Bud Lite?

son_of_montfort

A neat move by a good company that makes crap beer.

I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly. (A little chemistry humor).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Martok

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM

I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly.
[groan] 

Chemistry puns.  Spare me. 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on November 21, 2012, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM

I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly.
[groan] 

Chemistry puns.  Spare me.

Daughter #1 has been telling me that joke for a few months. She loves it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.