Commander: The Great War Preview

Started by Lord Zimoa, November 08, 2012, 03:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Another Preview about Commander: The Great War is up at 7idgaming.

http://www.7idgaming.de/content.php?177-Slitherine-Commander-The-Great-War-PREVIEW

Tip: use Google Translate if necessary.

Martok

Thanks for the link Zimoa.  Welcome to Grogheads! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Scotten

Has this one been posted here?  I have it bookmarked and don't recall where I found it.

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=38749

Sigma One

Gusington

The leader shots are interesting...cool art style.

Can anyone confirm that a physical copy will be released with a hard bound manual?

I could swear I read that this was going to happen but can't confirm.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

For some reason I find myself really enjoying the look of the map art.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Lord Zimoa

QuoteCan anyone confirm that a physical copy will be released with a hard bound manual?

I could swear I read that this was going to happen but can't confirm.

Yes, the game will be released coming Monday the 12th of November as a digital download, but with the usual option of an extra DVD on Demand.

The DVD on Demand is a Collector`s Edition, you recognise those by the yellow trimmed boxes, so it means it will come with a full coloured manual, printed on quality paper.

Note! The physical copies will only ship, around the 22nd of November, but in the mean time you can already download and play the game and it has the same manual in PDF included.

Martok

^  Sweet.  How much is the Collector's Edition going to be?  Can you say yet? 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

tgb

Other than the engine, how will this be different from Strategic Command: WW I (which I have but have barely touched)?

Lord Zimoa

Outside it is complete other game you mean? :-)

I cannot judge as I have never played the other game, I can just vouch for our own, it is pretty addictive and we believe turned out as a great and fun game.

But I leave this to any Beta-testers, and by next week to new players, to give their opinion and experiences.

Lord Zimoa

Quote^  Sweet.  How much is the Collector's Edition going to be?  Can you say yet? 

Don`t beat me to death, but pricing for our games on release are pretty much the same, just as with Panzer Corps the digital download is around 30 Euro (so around 40 USD), the Collector`s Edition DVD on Demand with quality colour printed manual is normally an additional 8 Euro (so around 10 USD). This includes production, printing and shipping costs. To be honest the DVD on Demand is a zero operation for us.

So an extra service we provide, put we don`t make any money on it.

Note: That we are not responsible for any additional taxes as VAT or Import taxes, that we are forced to charge for certain regions! Blame your governments, as that is what we have to charge and than pay up ourselves to those respective governments...  Same for conversion rates,  our publishers charge the daily market rates...

Martok

Thanks Zimoa.  Fortunately I'm a Yank, so I don't have to worry about VAT and import taxes.  :) 

Lord Zimoa

Strategy Prime Preview of Commander: The Great War

http://www.strategyprime.net/commander-the-great-war-preview/

"The Lordz are an impressive development studio with increasingly better games coming out of their forge, and Commander The Great War promises to be The Next Big Thing as far as the turn-based, hexagonal strategies are concerned."

Sigma One