Too much to play, not enough time-the Friday thread

Started by MetalDog, November 09, 2012, 06:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

I'm so jealous of you guys that will have your time to yourself this weekend.  Have fun!!!  :)

Great game port to the XBOX.  This is one of the few RTS games that works well on a console.  Enjoying this title very much.

I have recently got that Ghost itch again and have revisited playing both Single Player and Multiplayer this week.  I'll continue mucking around with this title over the weekend.

Yes I know this is an oldie but I got my XBOX almost a year ago.  Recently picked this title up used for 5.99 and I did love Gears of War 3 so...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

GoW1 ist still a great game and still looking badass  8)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Sir Slash

I'm gonna make a real run at finally finishing Icewind Dale 2. I usually get distracted by something you guys are talking about here and wander off elsewhere. And maybe a little CMBN or Skyrim if I get distracted. But I'm not going to get distracted this time!!!  ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

:) Icewind Dale is one of those games that I have had the intention of playing for years now. Haven't come around to it still, not 1 nor 2.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think I'm very close to the end of Risen 2.  At least I hope I am.  Does anyone else find the end game of RPGs just seems to drag?  Yeah, I get that I'm at the lair of Evil Incarnate.  No, I really don't feel like grinding through 200+ high level undead baddies just to get to the final battle.  Now would be a perfect time for a montage.

MengJiao

Quote from: MetalDog on November 09, 2012, 06:38:14 AM
The significant other is out of town this weekend, so it will be Civ IV MP and CK II (the same as it would be if she was IN town, just more :-)

I'm looking at an assortment of possibilities, roughly in this order:

Moscow '42
Crecy
Fontenoy
CarrierCommand

PanzersEast

Not sure what exactly, but plan on messing around with:

Fallen Enchantress - Reboot
X-Com
Alea Jacta Est

Process some turns/time to keep them moving:
SOTS 2
CK II
CIV V
HOI III

PE

Toonces

Definitely playing some War of the Roses and Chivalry.

I may also spend some time with CK2 and Dark Souls.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Guild Wars 2

And thanks to a recent birthday, I am now the proud owner of Crusader Kings 2!  Sadly I'm going away for some of the weekend, but I'll try and at least play through the tutorial.

bob48

I may well be playing Bloodbowl on line with Geek, or so rumour has it - and hope to find some grogs in L4D2.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Arctic Blast

I think it's time to continue revisiting games I haven't played for awhile...perhaps Gal Civ 2 will be up next.

I'll probably continue playing Torchlight II.

And I may return to the Kohan series.

bob48

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 09, 2012, 01:47:52 PM
Guild Wars 2

And thanks to a recent birthday, I am now the proud owner of Crusader Kings 2!  Sadly I'm going away for some of the weekend, but I'll try and at least play through the tutorial.

Happy Recent Birthday Huw :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 09, 2012, 01:47:52 PM

Happy birthday Huw. I would skip the in game tutorials and look for some on youtube. The in game tutorials are more of a wall of text then anything useful.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 09, 2012, 09:13:22 AM
Quote from: Kushan on November 09, 2012, 09:12:02 AM

X-Com - Play testing a mod I'm working on.

Details, por favor.

I started playing with the Warspace extension mod about halfway through my second game. I'm not a huge fan of what hes done to how a countries panic increases. So I'm modifying his file to restore vanilla panic levels. He basically made panic pointless, alien attacks only increase a target countries panic and not the entire continent. Your missions reduce all of a continents panic. You will never lose a country to do panic, and that takes away a huge part of the strategic game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

21 again Huw?

Congrats buddy, enjoy the game and have a great weekend away