Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

The game is absolutely beautiful...without the fog.  I get what is being strived as far as the effect but it's just IMO too much.  If they can make it a toggle on/off feature, it'll be better for the community.  The hardcore MP/solo guys can toggle it on for the realism effect.  The more casual guys like me can toggle it off. 

I've been playing an operation game and it's damned fun.  I love my panthers.  Kick ass armor.

GDS_Starfury

I wonder how moddable it is ie new maps.
the western front kinda bores me and Id much rather have a eastern front setting.
some korsun pocket or oder fights.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bison

Not sure about that but I've had some nice armor battles so far between US Shermans and German Panthers.

MikeGER

Quote from: jomni on November 19, 2012, 09:40:45 PM
I want an option to autoresolve battles. Or save during battles. The campaign systems is so tedious, requiring you to fight every battle in every sector everyday. I have never finished a CC campaign except for CC2 and CC3 which are more linear.

+1  , autoresolve please
it kept me from finishing  campaigns too

...i even had thought in the past about analysing a saved game with a utility (CC:autosolver, a project i would have planed to programmed myself) over it, that does the calculation based on the information, and reload the altered saved game in the main program again.... the project didn't mad it bedind the brainstorm how the calc has to done in detail, i also wanted to take the map postion in possession taken into account         

GDS_Starfury

auto resolve in a game like CC is just stupid.
the tactical battles ARE the game.  theyre the meat and potatos of the solo game.
why not play them?  are you in a rush?  has it been easy to find opponents?
savior the battles.  sharpen your skills.  use the existing game options.
is a 15 minute battle so hard to play?
man up.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bison

Well I've been offically sucked into the game.  Playing an operational game as the Americans and the first 3 battles went my way fairly easily.  Now the last 2 battles have been brutal very little ground gained, major losses of Shermans, Anti-Tank tanks, infantry units.  The German Panthers are owning 2 key battle ground points.  They have a freaking artillery piece or mortar sections somewhere on the map and I cannot find them which is really causing some major issues.  I needed to stop and take a break to rethink my plan.  Damn good fun.  Well worth the $40.  The fog isn't bothering me as much, but I still think there needs to be an option to toggle on/off in the options menu.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bison

I haven't used it yet honestly.  The option of taking a half track has not been as appealing as taking an extra mortar section or AT tank or MG team for my support choices.  I do need to check it out because I screw myself in a battle when I took an AT gun but nothing to tow it with so it would have been stuck.  Unfortunately for me a Panther took it out so that issue never really came up.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 20, 2012, 03:05:00 AM
is a 15 minute battle so hard to play?
man up.

A 15 minute battle isn't hard to play.

30 largely unimportant 15 minute battles are hard to play.  :P

Admittedly, if the game autoresolved poorly or even got a legitimate but unlikely result, we'd be upset and think we ought to have dealt with the matter ourselves.  ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

I like the game.  Now if I could just figure out how to take out the damned Panthers my gaming would be so much easier. 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on November 20, 2012, 01:51:24 PM
I like the game.  Now if I could just figure out how to take out the damned Panthers my gaming would be so much easier.

Sounds vaguely familiar.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I've thrown everything I've got at them but generally my efforts have been piecemeal.   I need to have a freaking coordinated attack and get them to expose the rear of the tank to my big guns.  Seriously there is no way to discuss destroying a Panther without it sounding like a sexual act.  Disturbing.  Very disturbing.



LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on November 20, 2012, 02:07:01 PM
I've thrown everything I've got at them but generally my efforts have been piecemeal.   I need to have a freaking coordinated attack and get them to expose the rear of the tank to my big guns.  Seriously there is no way to discuss destroying a Panther without it sounding like a sexual act.  Disturbing.  Very disturbing.

You've been hanging around Star too long.

Lucky for you the Germans named them Panthers and not Cougars or you'd really be in trouble.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Panthers are hard to penetrate.
Cougars not so much  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.