Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

Thanks, Tuna for a second gaming session.  I'm just starting to get ramped up.  Still didn't get any screenies though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
I'm still not giving up my XP though.
Well of course not!  You want to save it for crafting magical/wondrous items (when you don't urgently need it to level up, of course). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on February 10, 2013, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
I'm still not giving up my XP though.
Well of course not!  You want to save it for crafting magical/wondrous items (when you don't urgently need it to level up, of course).

Spoken like a true gaming nerd :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Thank you sir.  Most kind of you to say so! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I know there's a Warlock thread somewhere around here that I posted in, but damned if I can find it.

Anyway...thanks to steve58's generosity I was able to get a copy of Warlock: Master of the Arcane. I started watching some Let's Play vids on this game and wow, I didn't realize it was so close to the old Master of Magic. Not to mention elements of Civ V. I have to be careful, this may be my next crack addiction. But if you guys still do MP on this game, I'd like to try it someday.

MetalDog

B_C, glad to see you found Warlock.  Even more glad you seem to like it.  If you want a step by step, there's two AAR's in the AAR forum.  And I'm always available for lessons :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Saw the AARs too - and I shall be reading them. Haven't fired it up yet, but I shall soon I hope. Thanks! I'm beginning to see why you guys are all  :smitten: over this.

bob48

One of my 'most played' games, with over 500 hours logged.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 20, 2014, 08:23:53 AM

Anyway...thanks to steve58's generosity I was able to get a copy of Warlock: Master of the Arcane. I started watching some Let's Play vids on this game and wow, I didn't realize it was so close to the old Master of Magic. Not to mention elements of Civ V. I have to be careful, this may be my next crack addiction. But if you guys still do MP on this game, I'd like to try it someday.

Keep an eye out for sales on Warlock 2, in that case. 

BanzaiCat

I'll keep an eye out for W2, for sure.

You guys SUCK.  ;D I made the big mistake of firing up Warlock a couple of nights ago just to see how it plays. It's one of those 'just one more turn' games, just like Civ, and I'm still amazed at how close to Master of Magic it is, but so much more fun.

Last night I intended to play a few rounds continuing a game I'd saved. It was 8:20 pm. I thought maybe 20 minutes went by and it was almost 10:00.

bob48

^lololol - been there, done that, Gus got the T-shirt :crazy2:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

ALMOST two hours?!  Rookie!  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

^ TRUST me, I can't wait for the weekend. I have no doubt I'll be up until wee hours playing this silly thing.

Funny thing is for this first game I just chose to eliminate other wizards as the only victory condition. I have two neighbors that are VERY friendly with me and one that is not - went to war with him last night and took one of his cities (Volcano is an AWESOME spell, BTW - muwahahahahaha) before he begged me for peace.

I do have a question though - around one of the portals, monsters keep spawning. Dragons, demons, and other evilness, though I have a hero (the Rrrat King or whatever his name is, totally buffed out and loaded with magic weapons) plus a couple of Warriors, a Healer, a Mage, and some Rogues too, so anything that appears through that portal gets slaughtered in one turn. However, it's annoying, because I have a wizard just to the west and I'm not really wanting to send an army through the portal and leave my western borders lightly defended. I gotta ask, are these things coming through the portal? And if they are, will my sending a force through the portal do anything to squash these incursions? Are they basically wandering monsters in the other world wandering into the portal and appearing in my 'real' world?

bob48

Yep, you can interdict them 'on the other side' and, if you can destroy where they spawn, stop them altogether. Until then, you can only do what you are doing now. If you get chance though, build some static defences round there to free up some of your high quality units that would be better employed elsewhere.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Be sure to have stout Missile Units, too.  Sometimes the portal will spawn flying creatures and ground units can't hit them.  You should also start thinking about assembling your clear out force.  You are going to have to go in there and take out all the monsters and their generators.  The plus side is, there's lots of goodies on the other planes and great places to quietly build many cities in peace.  Once you've cleared the plane.  The bad news is, there are some bad ass monsters in there and there are a LOT of them.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob