Happy Birthday Winston Churchill

Started by LongBlade, November 30, 2012, 01:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

W8taminute

Great article.  Happy Birthday Winston.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheCommandTent

Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 09:51:58 PM
Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)

On an added note the novelist H.G. Wells actually wrote a book on miniature wargaming, Little Wars.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2012, 10:38:35 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 09:51:58 PM
Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)

On an added note the novelist H.G. Wells actually wrote a book on miniature wargaming, Little Wars.

Yeah, I've read that.  Very cool to see wargaming back in his day.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."