The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Jarhead, how about a Kickstarter that would cover your basic lawyer costs (or fees, or honorarium or how it called correctly)  if you file a consumer-rights violation lawsuit against WarfareSim the moment they actually dare to retroactive take out a feature from a piece of consumer entertainment software.

Not because of that recorder-thingy, just as a matter of principle  :)

I would help found it, just for the chuckles   >:D

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MikeGER on February 13, 2017, 10:20:21 AM
Jarhead, how about a Kickstarter that would cover your basic lawyer costs (or fees, or honorarium or how it called correctly)  if you file a consumer-rights violation lawsuit against WarfareSim the moment they actually dare to retroactive take out a feature from a piece of consumer entertainment software.

Not because of that recorder-thingy, just as a matter of principle  :)

I would help found it, just for the chuckles   >:D

You're a riot, Mike. I have no interest in hurting these guys. I always have and will continue to support pretty much everything they do. I just hope they still think of all us little people when they make it to the big league.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RyanE

I think that point gets lost on the devs in some of the hyperbole...I want them to succeed for my own selfish reasons.  I really like the game.  I have probably spent thousands of hours playing over 3 years.  They support the product amazingly well.  But their conversations with customers is kind of crappy.  And the drift towards the military customers starting to dominate how the game is developed is worrying.  But I hope they pull it off, without leaving us behind.  Because if they leave us behind, I won't care at that point.  And they probably won't either.

solops

Jarhead, I bet with all of this incoming you wish you'd built that bunker.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on February 13, 2017, 02:10:54 PM
Jarhead, I bet with all of this incoming you wish you'd built that bunker.

Who says I didn't?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

tanqtonic

Quote from: bostonmyk on February 13, 2017, 09:04:55 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2017, 01:39:06 AM

Yes...and...no.

They built an exceptional product. Absolutely.
They have supported it extremely well after release. Unquestionably.
They have been responsive to user feedback. Definitely.

But I hesitate to use terms like "thankful" and "grateful". They are in a business. Their business is to sell a product. We are consumers. We buy products. This product was developed and distributed for sale, and we paid a premium for it. They created something we enjoy, that we have praised, and that we would pay more for continued expansion and support. However, make no mistake, they should be "grateful" and "thankful" too. Respect in retail is a two way street. When a developer stops respecting their customers, they start removing things from their products, and they start creating flow charts to rub it all in your face.

That's where we all come in. We post our thoughts, opinions, and feelings here publicly so that developers and their customers can speak to each other openly about the product so that ultimately we can come to the mutual conclusion that we support and need each other.

I hope we've accomplished that.

The only thing you've shown me is you specifically want to be a lot more important in this business then you are. You bully people around on the forum for this reason. This is not altruism on your part slick.

Mike

Wow.  Amazing gift of public relations you have there.   

Just.....  wow......  Added on to your "haters" comment on top of it *and* you teeing off another poster about how you have been supposedly "shut down" with your opinion.  You have definitely stated your opinion, just as we have stated ours.  Of course, you can surmise by my posts (and others here) that we may not agree with the decision on your software, and you all have made it crystal clear that you don't agree with ours.  But you have *not* been shut down.

Again...  wow....  How do you all think it is being constructive to call those who disagree with you "haters", by denigrating Jarhead, *and* stating snidely that others "are allowed to have opinions and voice them and not developers" ?

Again, just...  wow...

Pretty much sure at this point I will never buy another item from you all.   How does that do you, "slick"?

Rayfer

:'( :'( :'(  Sad to see threads devolve like this.

Jarhead0331

Its over, and there are no hard feelings on our end. As gamers, we still support warfaresims and what they have accomplished with CMANO.
I trust as soon as there are any developments with the next update, or another community scenario pack is released, Dimitris will be along to post the news. Hopefully, we can start talking about the game again soon!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Wait! You can't stop now! We need to talk more about this bunker.
YOU might have a cool bunker :-)
I have no bunker :-(
All I was allowed to get was a big zombie apocalypse trunk. Maybe I can put it in a cave. Still not as cool as a Bunker.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

RyanE

Just downloaded the latest beta for the update.rvice release.  Looks like record is back in, unless I installed the wrong update.

mirth

Record is back, but now you need a dongle :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Sounds like good news...didn't see mentioned in release notes but glad they reconsidered their approach

mikeck

Yep. Now in the future, put bug fixes and such in the free patches but bundle all the new elements, database upgrades, dev created scenarios and what-not in a paid DLC. I don't think they should hand out stuff for free nor does anyone and I know i would pay. Glad they reconsidered as well
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson