New Year's Resolutions

Started by Bison, December 29, 2012, 08:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

Windigo

1/.  Quit smoking
2/.  Get back into trap and skeet shooting. Maybe even Tae kwon do if the knees can take it.
3/.  Expand my fossil business
4/.  Don't let the bastards get me down
5/.  Tell GPS to "kiss my ass" far more often
6/.  Send Gussy-poo the "Dam Operators Risk Management Guide" schedule.... so he will get nightmares about spillway undercutting and downslope migration
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

The Puss

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 02, 2013, 03:10:28 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 02, 2013, 05:41:43 AM
got to love renting - you can demonstrate to a bank that you can easily manage 650/700 a month for years and years and then ask them for mortgage which will have payments of 400-500 and they say no!!!

and the days of a 95-99% mortgage are long gone - 75% is the best ive seen - with an average house price of 200,000 thats a deposit of over 40k - i personally dont have 40k in savings and am in the sorry position of waiting for my parents to die before i get my hands on my own bricks and mortar

I know mate, it's bloody stupid.  I can't imagine when I'll ever have 40K just sitting around in the bank.  I dread to think where we'll be when we get to retirement age if something doesn't give.  I wish I'd jumped on the 99% bandwagon.

As for your other question, LPIC-1 should be enough to get me in the door at sysadmin.  After that I'll probably continue to study and work my way up the ladder.  I'll probably do Microsoft certification as well, just to open some more doors.

Thanks for reminding me this early in 2013 why the once Great Britain is shite. We once fought the world and won but now the UK tax payer just gets shat on by his own government.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

LongBlade

I will *not* chuckle at Star's snarky remarks about Windy.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: LongBlade on January 02, 2013, 06:04:00 PM
I will *not* chuckle at Star's snarky remarks about Windy.

Too late.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Quote from: The Puss on January 02, 2013, 05:48:06 PM
got to love renting - you can demonstrate to a bank that you can easily manage 650/700 a month for years and years and then ask them for mortgage which will have payments of 400-500 and they say no!!!

and the days of a 95-99% mortgage are long gone - 75% is the best ive seen - with an average house price of 200,000 thats a deposit of over 40k - i personally dont have 40k in savings and am in the sorry position of waiting for my parents to die before i get my hands on my own bricks and mortar

I know mate, it's bloody stupid.  I can't imagine when I'll ever have 40K just sitting around in the bank.  I dread to think where we'll be when we get to retirement age if something doesn't give.  I wish I'd jumped on the 99% bandwagon.

As for your other question, LPIC-1 should be enough to get me in the door at sysadmin.  After that I'll probably continue to study and work my way up the ladder.  I'll probably do Microsoft certification as well, just to open some more doors.

Thanks for reminding me this early in 2013 why the once Great Britain is shite. We once fought the world and won but now the UK tax payer just gets shat on by his own government.

its them americans and their fancy banking system failures!!

shouldnt have let them have their own country, i KNEW it was a mistake

Windigo

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 02, 2013, 06:06:25 PM
Quote from: The Puss on January 02, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

its them americans and their fancy banking system failures!!

shouldnt have let them have their own country, i KNEW it was a mistake

relax.... we sent you our best man (before christmas) to oversee your banking system. As he is not american and it was on his watch where Canada stayed out of the mess that most of the big world banks created; he'll have you fixed up in 2-3 years and the EU will hate him for it.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Windigo on January 02, 2013, 06:29:03 PM
relax.... we sent you our best man (before christmas) to oversee your banking system. As he is not american and it was on his watch where Canada stayed out of the mess that most of the big world banks created; he'll have you fixed up in 2-3 years and the EU will hate him for it.

Unfortunately the BoE is just one third of the unholy triumvirate that keeps us all down.  The Treasury is run by George Osborne, one of the worst chancellors in living memory, and the FSA (Fundamentally Supine Authority) is so inept that I wonder if anyone there can even tie a shoelace.

Bison

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 02, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
I'm hoping keeping a diary like this is the answer to my weight problem...otherwise I've got nothing else.

Good start man.  Just add in some more exercise to help out when not riding your bike even if it is only walking.  I'd suggest some strength training to tone the muscle under the fat layers so as your body fat is reduced you have some good muscle tone going for you.

I've put myself back on an about 75% Paleo Diet.  I'd slipped and had been eating too much carbs and crap food.  I love carbs pasta, bread, potatoes too.  It's a painful slog that gets easier in time.

Gusington

I am about to have a whole new set of nightmares about spillway undercutting and downslope migration, even without Dimwango's manual.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

1. Try to attend Mass during Holy Days of Obligation
2. Go hunting more
3. Stop reading the news after ESPN & two newspapers
4. Write the AAR on WW1: Breakthroughs

Windigo

Quote from: airboy on January 03, 2013, 05:04:22 PM
1. Try to attend Mass during Holy Days of Obligation
2. Go hunting more
3. Stop reading the news after ESPN & two newspapers
4. Write the AAR on WW1: Breakthroughs

Personally I hope you get down through the list and complete #4

Longdan

Yeah Holy days of Ob. are only once a month or so
(well 5 in March but none til Feb.)you can only hunt
in season and reading is bad for you.
(It gives ideas and if it doesn't you aren't reading
the right stuff.)  That puts  that AAR up higher I thinks.
Like first.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

airboy

Quote from: Longdan on January 03, 2013, 06:04:10 PM
Yeah Holy days of Ob. are only once a month or so
(well 5 in March but none til Feb.)you can only hunt
in season and reading is bad for you.
(It gives ideas and if it doesn't you aren't reading
the right stuff.)  That puts  that AAR up higher I thinks.
Like first.

Every Sunday is a Holy Day of Obligation to Catholics.