Main Menu

Asteroid

Started by Zulu1966, February 04, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Apparently the asteroid is a result of global warming.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Longdan

It just goes to show.  In America everybody gets a vote, everybody gets to be a scientist.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

MikeGER

watch the asteroid-2012-da14 pass by online through a remote controlled telescope in Israel ( weather? )

http://www.bareket-astro.com/live-astronomical-web-cast/asteroid-2012-da14-flyby-webcast.html

are there webcasts from other locations ... please post here, so we all can pick the one with no clouds in the sky   

- edit -
update : in breaking news are reports of meteor shower (maybe small objects  in the wake of the asteroid ?)  hit Russia, 200+x injured  :o

Zulu1966

Yeah ... but how much confidence do you have they have got it right this thing will miss us today ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21468116
"According to unconfirmed reports, the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. A missile salvo blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers, local newspaper Znak reports quoting a source in the military."
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

MikeGER

i have 100% confidence that the 65m chunck will pass at 27000km above the surface!
.... but i am not sure if there is clowd of small (1m) and much more tiny stuff around it ... i dont know the resolution of the radars i think its down to 30 cm small objects  or even down to an apple       

Zulu1966

Quote from: MikeGER on February 15, 2013, 04:48:13 AM
i have 100% confidence that the 65m chunck will pass at 27000km above the surface!
.... but i am not sure if there is clowd of small (1m) and much more tiny stuff around it ... i dont know the resolution of the radars i think its down to 30 cm small objects  or even down to an apple     

Evidently its unrelated - the russian one came in at the wrong direction to have anything to do with DA14. Its only the name I find disturbing - it happens to be my postcode.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

MikeGER

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MikeGER on February 15, 2013, 04:48:13 AMi dont know the resolution of the radars i think its down to 30 cm small objects  or even down to an apple       

that's not an apple, that's a stealth fighter ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

eyebiter

Large asteroid explodes over Russia,

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/15/world/europe/russia-meteor-shower/index.html

"A meteor streaked through the skies above Russia's Urals region Friday morning, before exploding with a flash and boom that shattered glass in buildings and left about 1,000 people hurt, state media said."

mirth

Turns out there's a ton of video footage of the meteor because driving in Russia is so dangerous that almost everyone has a camera mounted to their car. How dangerous is driving in Russia you ask?

Related article on the meteor and the hazards of driving in Russia:
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/video-captures-flaming-object-believed-to-be-meteorite/
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

That's some bad music in the second video.  Pretty f'd up stuff in both of those vids.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

meh... its nothing Smuck didnt have in Africa.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 15, 2013, 11:43:39 PM
meh... its nothing Smuck didnt have in Africa.

The second one DEFINITELY does...snow!

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

MetalDog

Quote from: Longdan on February 16, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Kilimanjaro

While that is true of the continent, and the original post, it is not true of where Smuck was stationed specifically, hence, my assertion.