FBI kills hostage taker

Started by airboy, February 06, 2013, 08:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steelgrave

Quote from: LongBlade on February 06, 2013, 08:31:44 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 06, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2013, 06:39:25 PM
there was no almost about it.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the actual personnel who went in to the bunker were not even in the FBI. They may have been seconded from 'another United States entity'. Any guesses as to where they hang their hats?

Yeah. Rhymes with veal. Which I recommend. I'll be here all week.

Isn't there some piddling little law prohibiting things that rhyme with veal being used in a domestic situation? Seems like I recall that from the Constitution. In these days of Homeland Security and drones being used for God knows what, very little surprises me anymore, no matter the justification.

GDS_Starfury

I think parts of that were repealed in the last year or two.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Steelgrave

Not sure how I missed that, but if so, that's pretty f'ed up. Brother, I'm no liberal, but I want the government to keep their hands off of our Constitution. Leave it the hell alone! Hell, most decent sized police departments nowdays have more gear than any country in South America. Using our military in any domestic capacity is a very, very bad idea.

GDS_Starfury

IIRC it was around the time that Air Force UAVs were being used for domestic surveillance.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2013, 09:00:57 PM
IIRC it was around the time that Air Force UAVs were being used for domestic surveillance.
Yeah, that rings a bell. Not a pleasant sounding bell either. More like a tinny, irritating bell. Which seems to describe me tonight. I should drink a beer and "ungrouch" a little.

mirth

Posse Comitatus hasn't been repealed but they have been monkeying around with it over the past several years and there are a number of exceptions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave


LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on February 06, 2013, 08:42:41 PMI wonder why it would have been anyone other than HRT? They're as good as anyone at hostage rescue and they exist to deal with these things domestically.

Has to be. No reason to be anything else.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

#23
Quote from: mirth on February 06, 2013, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 06, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2013, 06:39:25 PM
there was no almost about it.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the actual personnel who went in to the bunker were not even in the FBI. They may have been seconded from 'another United States entity'. Any guesses as to where they hang their hats?

I wonder why it would have been anyone other than HRT? They're as good as anyone at hostage rescue and they exist to deal with these things domestically.

The scuttle-butt is that HRT is heavy with ringers who bring their green game for a while and then cart back a little bit of the blue game when it's time to rapel down into an office chair at the nation building desk..
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Boys gotta have a hobby. Not everyone can be a wargaming god like we band of brothers.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: mirth on February 06, 2013, 09:04:47 PM
Posse Comitatus hasn't been repealed but they have been monkeying around with it over the past several years and there are a number of exceptions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

I thought that was your Roman name.

Centurion40

#27
Quote from: mirth on February 06, 2013, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 06, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2013, 06:39:25 PM
there was no almost about it.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the actual personnel who went in to the bunker were not even in the FBI. They may have been seconded from 'another United States entity'. Any guesses as to where they hang their hats?

I wonder why it would have been anyone other than HRT? They're as good as anyone at hostage rescue and they exist to deal with these things domestically.

I was thinking the same thing.  No reason to go outside of the family, so to speak.  Unless those "other" fellas have a crack team of midgets little people who can get into small places.
Any time is a good time for pie.