Storm Eagle Support is Fine

Started by Bismarck, February 15, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

I like SAI a lot, but picked up Jutland last night.  I was impressed with what I saw in the limited time I played it - unfortunately I had a number of crashes and wasn't able to play completely through a scenario.  It certainly looks great, though I can understand some of the gripes about the camera and the difficulty of the UI.

I read a few tips last night on how to exercise better control over your ships and I'm definitely going to use Bismark's approach of commanding on the 2D map and watching action in 3D.  It's enough of a treat to watch/hear the big guns firing and the shells throwing up huge columns of spray that I'm willing to give the UI learning curve a chance.

Regarding SAI - what level do you guys command at?  I've been playing at Admiral level, but have been thinking about playing at Rear Admiral to have a bit more control over my divisions.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on February 16, 2013, 03:01:24 PM

I read a few tips last night on how to exercise better control over your ships and I'm definitely going to use Bismark's approach of commanding on the 2D map and watching action in 3D. 

It's definitely easier issuing commands via the enlarged 2D map.  But the damn thing is Butt-Ugly and I always end up spending what feels like half my game time cycling between the map sizes, to issue division commands, and then back to 3D too look around.  I'd notice it less if the 2D map actually looked good but it's all blurred, basic, and fugly like it's a very small resolution pic stretched to a high resolution.  :-\

I think that's part of the reason I enjoy S&I, also.  If I gotta use 2D to issue commands all the time, at least it looks relatively good & crisp and has more functions available on it.  Of course it has no 3D and I'm not very familiar with the campaign system yet (although the latter does seem to have building options & such so that could be a big advantage).

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2013, 10:20:54 AM
Saturday morning = dreadnoughts in my house. Like Cheerios. Without the milk and health benefits.

But you'll get your daily requirements for iron....HAHA!

I'll let myself out...

republic

Gusington

I like the way you think, Arctic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.