Civ V -- Brave New World Expansion Pack (Summer 2013)

Started by steve58, March 15, 2013, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^Already installed the client...even though I probably won't ever use it again, though. No big whoop.

I think I am going to play Scramble for Africa first, as Morocco.

Tasty.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Yskonyn

Base game or Gold edition bow 75% off in the Steam Summer sale.
BNW about 30% off.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Bismarck

Quote from: eyebiter on July 10, 2013, 11:04:05 AM
If there are that many barbarians, play Germany with the Honor cultural tree.  Hunt down barbarian camps for gold + 50% chance of free unit.  Once your 5+ above your army support limit start blitzkrieg against nearby cities. Half dozen archers will take down early era defences fast.  Pull back wounded units and bring up others to reinforce.  If you lose a few big deal just hunt down more  barbarian camps. Attack NPC cultures first, intimidate city states for free workers.

That works for me. I just took out Japan with many brutes, warriors and two archers. The losses I took helped my cash flow.
Jim Cobb

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

Always has been, unless you are on the receiving end of an ass whuppin'.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on July 09, 2013, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
You guys think it's worth the hefty price?

Try using voucher code GMG20-F202F-UI40F at Greenmangaming.

It should knock off 20%, plus GMG is giving $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit, so it should cost you about ~$20, less if you count the $4 cash back or $6 credit...

I used a 20% off code for the pre-order a month or so ago and it worked just fine (wish they'd had the $4 cash back or $6 credit deal then).  Got my Steam code this morning and it worked fine.

Well it seems that the code is now working for BNW (minus the $4 cashback/$6 GMG credit)...at least according to the email I got from GMG
Quote
Hey steve58,

This weekend we have our trusty 20% off voucher*! 'But what should I use this glorious voucher on?' I hear you say. Well you could use it on almost every product on the GMG Store including titles such as FINAL FANTASY VII, Mortal Kombat Komplete, and The Walking Dead: 400 Days.

GMG20-F202F-UI40F

You can even use the voucher on the brand spanking new Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World. This voucher is valid until 1500 UTC 15th July 2013, so make sure you use it before it's gone!

BNW has been on sale (flash sale: $20.99) once and will probably be on sale again before the Summer sale is over. Just posting this as an alternative to the Steam Summer Sale for those who can't wait...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Quick question: I am 50 turns in to my Scramble for Africa scenario as Morocco. Really good so far. But after turn ten the faction standing chart that was in the upper right hand corner of the screen disappeared. I don't think I shut it off, I think it went away on it's own. Anyone have any idea how to get it back?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I just picked up Civ5 at the Steam sale. There is some really negative feedback about the new BNW expansion on the Steam boards. What is the consensus here? Is it good or bad? Can any bad be modded out?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

Negative feedback? InconCIVable.Har.

Seriously Brave New World.was.the one bright spot in an otherwise craptacular weekend.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on July 13, 2013, 06:27:59 PM
Quick question: I am 50 turns in to my Scramble for Africa scenario as Morocco. Really good so far. But after turn ten the faction standing chart that was in the upper right hand corner of the screen disappeared. I don't think I shut it off, I think it went away on it's own. Anyone have any idea how to get it back?

If you figure this out let me know 'cause I want to get rid of it!

Barthheart

Quote from: solops on July 15, 2013, 01:01:16 PM
I just picked up Civ5 at the Steam sale. There is some really negative feedback about the new BNW expansion on the Steam boards. What is the consensus here? Is it good or bad? Can any bad be modded out?

I like it very much so far. The AI seems a little less aggressive... but Barbs are way more aggressive and numerous.

solops

The complaints I saw mentioned the AI being less aggressive than before.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.