Sickness has taken me!

Started by Huw the Poo, March 31, 2013, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

It's 04:50 here as I begin typing and I've been up for an hour.  I have one of those undefined maladies whereupon your body just aches all over for no apparent reason.  Couldn't sleep so I thought I may as well come downstairs.  I've casually swatted away Arctic Blast's last man in our current game of Frozen Synapse and I've attempted to find some painkillers which was rather less successful.  This being Easter Monday I guess I'll have to wait until around 10:00 before any shops open. :(

In the meantime, I require sympathy!

Longdan

I will give you some of mine since I do not use it much.  Beer works on most ailments.
I guess you transfered  some of the hurt to AB's pride.  He is almost my neighbour!
Hope you feel better soon.  Doesn't your Shaman do hut calls?
digni enim sunt interdicunt

GDS_Starfury

the zombie apocalypse has begun!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 31, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
It's 04:50 here as I begin typing and I've been up for an hour.  I have one of those undefined maladies whereupon your body just aches all over for no apparent reason.  Couldn't sleep so I thought I may as well come downstairs.  I've casually swatted away Arctic Blast's last man in our current game of Frozen Synapse and I've attempted to find some painkillers which was rather less successful.  This being Easter Monday I guess I'll have to wait until around 10:00 before any shops open. :(

In the meantime, I require sympathy!

I truly am awful at Frozen Synapse.  :o

Anyway, offering you the ability to bitch slap my poorly led squad of doomed bastards was my attempt to help you find some measure of comfort. Someone else is on the hook to actually do any of that 'caring' stuff.  :D

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 01, 2013, 12:15:53 AM
Someone else is on the hook to actually do any of that 'caring' stuff.  :D

he has 24 hours or less until the jokes begin.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Sorry you're not feeling well Huw.  Here's hoping whatever you have dissipates quickly. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Thanks guys!  This thread is the only thing so far today that's managed to put a smile on my face!

Oh, and Longdan...you're quite odd, aren't you? :D

bob48

Huw....my mate....sorry to hear that you have been struck down with something disgusting. Hope its nothing catching, and if it is, I'm glad you are 300-odd miles away from me.

I got you you some nice grapes, and I have to say, they were delicious.

Get well soon, me old china.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MetalDog

I've got the cure for what ails ya'.  Go to the Digital Gaming AAR section and read my Warlock excursions.  If nothing else, they'll put you back to sleep.  I take long turns, you see ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Hey Huw,

If misery loves company then you'll be glad to know I've been ill all Easter long weekend too! 4 days off and I've been a snot locker the whole time. I'll be fine by tomorrow of course when I have to return to work....  :P

Huw the Poo

Thanks Bob - I think!  Glad you enjoyed the grapes, that was quite nice of me wasn't it?

Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2013, 06:01:38 AM
I'll be fine by tomorrow of course when I have to return to work....  :P

Heh, yeah it's always the way isn't it? :(

Greybriar

My standard remedy for almost any illness I am a victim of is chicken noodle soup and 7Up. That works for me.

I hope you're feeling better soon, Huw.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2013, 06:14:40 AM
Thanks Bob - I think!  Glad you enjoyed the grapes, that was quite nice of me wasn't it?

Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2013, 06:01:38 AM
I'll be fine by tomorrow of course when I have to return to work....  :P

Heh, yeah it's always the way isn't it? :(

Here's some more company for your misery, Huw. I got sick on Thursday, last day of work before my long weekend off. Today I go back to work, still sick but I think I might be on the mend. In between I had barely enough energy to keep my kids fed, never mind actually doing anything fun or even just productive. This happens every time I get a day or two off, as if it were Predestination or a Vast Left/Right Wing Conspiracy or a tightly-scripted AI or some such thing. Frakk.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

symapthies huw - ive done the achey, hoy shit im dying thing this year already - whisky, with more whisky and none of your girlie ice

and gaming

a nice immersive, turn based fantasy game with magic and dragons and oh............ a timespan between turns that has me signed up for 2 other games when the next newbie draft list starts - MOAR Dominions!!!