Sickness has taken me!

Started by Huw the Poo, March 31, 2013, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Ha, you're going to play in more games, Geek?!  Hmmm...perhaps I will too if I can be LA Ermor again and rectify the stupid mistake I made in A_Dominion_Of_Grogs.

Centurion40

Sorry to hear that you'v got the dreaded Lurgy.  Few things suck worse than being sick and not able to sleep.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Huw the Poo

Yeah; I didn't mind getting up because I didn't feel tired at all, but I know I'll be regretting it later.  I spent part of the early hours lying on the sofa watching that perennial feel-good film, Robocop. :D

Gusington

I think I may have got you sick...I have had bronchitis since last Wednesday. Feverish every now and then and a bit more delirious than usual. I blame it on the centarians I work with who carry every malady known to man and never stay home because they don't want to die there. Bastards.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

What a way to start a Monday Huw, hope you can rest and recover quickly.  I hope you have the energy to at least enjoy some gaming. 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Quote from: besilarius on April 01, 2013, 05:47:37 AM
Vitamin C by osmosis, Bob?

Its the thought that counts, innit? ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2013, 06:58:12 AM
Ha, you're going to play in more games, Geek?!  Hmmm...perhaps I will too if I can be LA Ermor again and rectify the stupid mistake I made in A_Dominion_Of_Grogs.

lol - 2 - one is looking for players to start next week the other mid month - 1 like ours, the other is a kind of been hosted by the admin with a 'come back here and ask questions about your turn' option and be guided by more awesome players than me! still so much to learn

LongBlade

Sorry to hear that, Huw. The good news (for us) is that you're still typing, which means Star's theory that you're turning into a zombie is not (yet) confirmed.

Hope you get well soon. But if you do turn into a zombie, I hear Bob's wife is quite good with the frying pan in L4D2 so stay clear of him...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Is amazing how much better you feel when confronted with a cast-iron cooking utensil. Guaranteed to have you back on your feet in no time.

(lol - she's a gentle soul really).

Boiiinnngggg!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Longdan

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2013, 02:28:21 AM
Thanks guys!  This thread is the only thing so far today that's managed to put a smile on my face!

Oh, and Longdan...you're quite odd, aren't you? :D

Not at all.  They let me play outside in the yard for an hour on sunny days.  The rest of the time The Voices tel me to clean my guns.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Greybriar on April 01, 2013, 06:15:04 AM
My standard remedy for almost any illness I am a victim of is chicken noodle soup and 7Up. That works for me.

I sincerely hope that you aren't mixing the two... :o

Longdan

I heard of some people who put 7Up in their liquor.  Imagine that!
I knew I a guy once who put stuff in his tequila.  I think he died or something.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Staggerwing

I'd put my money on the 'Or Something' unless death was a direct result of choices of action made after imbibing the tequila, such as car-surfing or biker-baiting.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

I hope you feel better soon Huw.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk