Main Menu

World of Warplanes

Started by eyebiter, April 04, 2013, 09:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

endfire79

I agree with Nef about WoWP about the dogfights - it's no cakewalk, which is a good thing.  Flight model is pretty good, i.e. your plane will stall with low airspeed etc. 

Right now I'm on the Bf109-B bandwagon since I prefer to do a high climb and then dive to attack.  An I-15 can out turn me, so I stay out of the turn-fights.  I'm kinda torn about which tech ladder to work on though, they've all got planes I'd love to try.  I've been sticking with fighters for now.

They split the a/c types into three classes:
-fighters (Ar-65, I-5, P-12's & biplanes, bf109, spitfire, p51, wildcat etc).  The US has a split between Army & Navy fighters.  The Germans have a split that forks either to the Bf109, or the FW-190 series.  The Russkies have a similar layout, between LAGG & Yak.
 
-heavy fighters (bf110's, blenheim's, mosquitos, only UK & Germany seem to have this type)
-attack fighters (the Russians have these, i.e. IL-2's etc)



"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Nefaro

I concentrated mostly on the Soviet Lavochkin line.  I believe I'm only at the LaGG-3 right now, though.