Nissan may revive Datsun brand

Started by MIGMaster, March 04, 2012, 11:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

What the hell is Nissan smoking?  Next, someone will try to bring disco back as well... 

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 10:31:09 AM

Hard pressed to find an uglier car than the Pacer.
The El Camino, hands-down.  There is no vehicle on the planet more hideous. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^My Uncle has a '73 Chevy El Camino with something like 450 hp that gets 8 mpg. I drove it once to pick up my Aunt at their local train station in Silver Spring and let me tell you...people get out of your way fast in that thing. I loved it! Closest I have gotten to driving a tank so far.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

The Datsun Disco.... I wonder if there would be a market ?

Gusington

^No sale, sorry. Put a heavy metal club in the back of an El Camino and then I'll pay the cover.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 05, 2012, 10:29:16 AM
Heh, my first car was a turd brown 1978 Datsun 210B.  It had holes rusted through the passenger side floor board and it would get passed by logging trucks when going uphill, but the engine never quit, even after we crammed 9 members of my rugby team in for a road trip, we smeared cheaper paste all over it to make ChiaCar, and we re-enacted the battle of Midway in the college parking lot with my car as a Zero and my buddy's equalling craptastic blue AMC Pacer as an F4F Wildcat (total Japaneae victory was declared after 1/2 of his back bumper kinda got ripped away and was left dangling on the pavement)

Great story.  My dad had a 1971 Datsun wagon.  Same deal- body was awful but the engine was excellent.  He had some body work & painting done on it.  Apparently the roof, once you got down to the bare metal skin, looked like a bunch of pressed tin cans.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on March 05, 2012, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 10:31:09 AM
I am hoping they don't use the same styling. I can't believe it's been 30+ years since Nissan stopped using the Datsun name. Time flies.

There is a battle - Datsun 210 vs. AMC Pacer.

Hard pressed to find an uglier car than the Pacer. Maybe the Gremlin. I hope to God that no one wants to revive the AMC brand. That would be total insanity. Like dogs and cats living together.

I have always wanted an AMC Pacer so I could hire a fat chef to make me a sub sandwich in the back seat. It would be the crowning achievement of my lifetime.

If I ever hit the jackpot, I'll make that happen!

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 12:06:43 PM
Is the Zero pilot John Belushi?? What is SCTV?

Oh sweet Jesus no!!!  You did not just say that??!!!  :o 

The Puss

As a young kid visiting my family in California I was totally in awe of the AMC Pacer that my cousin owned. Check out 70's UK produced cars such as the Allegro and the Maxi and you will see why. How the hell we ever made Aston Martin's, Bentley's, TVR's, Rolls and the like I will never know.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

bob48

OMG the Allegro was such a pile of poo.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

The Puss

My first company car, they put a car phone in it and I think it doubled in value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Maestro

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

bob48

Yuk - my first company car was a Mk1 Cortina Estate - I loved that car, Blue and White. Sigh!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Your British cars look strange to my American eyes. Not strange-horrendous like a Pacer but not strange-awesome like am El Camino either.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Smuckatelli

My first car was a Nissan Sunny GTX hatchback in Okinawa....5 speed manual, steering wheel on the right side....easily fit 6 Marines plus..

Gusington

^With a mounted .50 caliber out the top of the hatch?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 09:32:11 PM
^With a mounted .50 caliber out the top of the hatch?

Probably not but I wouldn't be surprised if the 89 Mustang that I left in the Central African Republic has one.. 8)