More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".


Dolan50

#257
I saw this posted about a year ago.Don't know anything about it though or if GT is still working on it.
  >:( :(

I can't get the picture from my desktop to take here.
The pics I have are of some earth works that look like redoubts.Maybe Brest Litovsk or Boridino not sure I inquired about them once but Andrey never responded.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

QuoteWow.  More grass.

No new stuff for this DLC except the map and campaigns. :(

Mius Front 43 and Nomanhan 39 will introduce a lot more Russian vehicles,tanks and Japanese tankettes and infantry,but Shilovo was mostly designed by a few 3rd party fans of the game.

I'm still impressed with what Graviteam is able to do on a small budget and their WW2 Russian Front stuff are my favorite games ever.

The theme this year seems to be Summer campaigns and Summer terrain features.

I'd personally like to see some more Winter campaigns.Andrey said they had A Fall/Winter campaign on the drawing board but didn't want to disclose anymore info on it till they are certain that they will complete it.

Graviteam has lots of new things planned for the future but most of it is still work in progress.FB told me once it took him 4 months to make 1 tank for this game.

Unless a major publisher backs them,which I doubt.I'm not expecting any major releases from Graviteam that include a lot of new content.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

Then Andrey really should swallow his pride and try to get on Steam.  Even if he has to hire a programmer to rewrite the patching system.

Dolan50

I thought He mentioned that Mius Front was going to be a new game with new engine and a different patching system.

They had a publisher once but from what I understand things didn't go to well them and Andrey mentioned that they were forced to make tank simulators(SABoW,SF42)which they didn't want to do,but it was the only way to get the funding to get APK43 off the ground.

I guess they prefer to do their own thing and not cater to publishers who have different ideas and visions on what they are trying to create.I also think they don't get along with anyone but themselves.

This is still a small "niche" market and WW2 and tactical games in particular like this one aren't as popular as they once were.

I'd like to see them get some extra funding from other means,but not if it means they have to release some Space Zombie Nazi abomination in return for the extra cash to move this game along at a quicker pace with more content.

They still release as much as BF does with their Combat Mission games and at a far cheaper price,but I really don't expect them to do anything more then they're doing now.

I'm of the mind that if they are going to stay small then they should just specialize in what they do best(East Front WW2).Otherwise they run the risk of pissing off everyone by trying to please everyone.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Boggit

Those screens are just...beautiful. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Dolan50

It is a beautiful map!

This game needed another Summer map of WW2 Russia.
Currently it has 4 Winter maps and 1 Summer.

I think after Nomonhan 39 is released with some of the earlier Russian tank models I can start using the Summer maps to start simulating some Operation Barbarossa type scenario during Quick battles.

A Pz38 would be nice for this game though but most of the other early war German tanks are already in the game.

Don't know what early Russian tanks and vehicles are in the Nomomhan 39 DLC but I think I saw a BT-5.
I'm hoping it also has BA-10 and 20 armored cars and the BT-7 too.
We don't need any more different versions of the T-26.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Ubercat

The graphics are gorgeous. I should probably give it another go as I gave up with AP:K42(43?) because of the interface. Do they have any urban terrain or scenarios, or is it all out in the countryside?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Dolan50

#264
The interface is much more easier to use than what was used in APK43.

Taranovka is a large town with a few 2-3 storey stone buildings.
Sokolovo and Krasnya Polyana are fairly large towns also.
But no urban combat like you would expect in a Stalingrad,Rostov,Kharkov or Berlin type battle.
Since everything is destructible the developers have been shying away from new building models that are expensive and time consuming to make.

You can try the demo and see for yourself how the interface and game mechanics have changed.
I think you'll find things have improved immensely since APK43.

New GTOS demo(june 2013)
http://www.graviteam.com/
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

#265
I haven't tried the new demo but I think it is 1 small campaign on the winter Taranovka map featuring the new GTOS mechanics not the APK43 or APOS mechanics.
Though GTOS and APOS are similar the GTOS mechanics have an improved orders system that can be disabled in the options menu.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

QuoteThe graphics are gorgeous.

Aren't they 8)

The graphics are what initially brought me into this game.I'm a sucker for decent maps and graphics.
It was difficult to contend with the game play mechanics at first because I was used to having more direct control of my units in other games I've played.

Once I realized that this game isn't about micro managing every single unit and focused more on command and control and the managing of the support weapons,it became easier to deal with not being able to get every single unit to do exactly what I want.

It no longer feels like a chore to play the game and I'm able to sit back and watch the battle unfold in all its graphic splendor.

I feel like I'm the director of my own little war movie :D
Though I do have some actors that are difficult to work with and think the script I want them to follow doesn't seem to apply to them.I'm usually happy when they meet  their demise. ;D
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".