More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

#375
No,
Graviteam hasn't set a definate date yet for its release.
Not even a time frame for when they think it will be ready.
If I was to guess I would say between now and February.

They've been working on this for over a year and everything seems to be done,but I think they want this game(Mius Front 43) to be the new flagship for Graviteam and they want to make sure everything works as intended and as bug free as possible.

Graviteam is experimenting with some new ideas and new PC technology for this game and hopefully things will be a little easier to manage with the  new game engine.

This is my favorite game,so no matter what they release I'll be happy.
I haven't been disappointed yet with their products and for the price it's a great deal,plus the game gets better every year and Graviteam usually addresses any problems very quickly after they've been discovered.
So I'm hoping it's sooner than later for the release date.

Another good book about the Mius Front battles in 1943 is "Decision in the Ukraine" by George Nipes'
There is a pretty good amount to read for free on google books for this book too.
http://books.google.com/books?id=OUi78EfkMHsC&pg=PA237&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

panzerde

Quote from: Dolan50 on November 30, 2013, 12:53:06 PM

This is my favorite game,so no matter what they release I'll be happy.
I haven't been disappointed yet with their products and for the price it's a great deal,plus the game gets better every year and Graviteam usually addresses any problems very quickly after they've been discovered.
So I'm hoping it's sooner than later for the release date.

Another good book about the Mius Front battles in 1943 is "Decision in the Ukraine" by George Nipes'
There is a pretty good amount to read for free on google books for this book too.

I very much enjoy Graviteam's games as well.  They probably have the best tactical level game engine available now, and it does just keep on improving.  I could wish for some more Western oriented DLC, but given who they are and their interests, I can understand why that doesn't happen.

"Decision in the Ukraine" is exactly what I'm currently reading.  Amazon had it as a free Kindle download a couple of weeks ago.  Excellent book.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Dolan50

I think the Mius Front game will be about the battles in July after the initial Soviet breach of the line and the counter attack by the German 16th PGD and 23rd(?) PzD.

I don't think the counter attack by the 2 SS divisions that participated  the Kursk battle and sent to the Mius Front to counter attack in this same area in August of 43 will be part of the initial campaigns for this new game.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about this,because I would like to recreate both situations in the game.
Especially,since they happened in the exact same area that is depicted on the map for the Mius Front game around the Stepanovka area and the hills to the North East.
The SS Divisions are supposed to have suffered more casualties on the Mius front then they did during the Kursk battles and were just barely able to stabilize the line and drive the Soviets back across the Mius river.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

QuoteI could wish for some more Western oriented DLC, but given who they are and their interests, I can understand why that doesn't happen

I think a lot of us would like this too.
Graviteam is a small company and would have to contract out the terrain models and Western forces for the Western Front.
So,unless some Publisher wants to finance the initial development I doubt a Western Front game is in the near future for Graviteam.

There is a Tunisia DLC being worked on by some independent artists for this game,depicting some of the Christmas 42 battles near Mejaz al bab(?),but I don't think this will see the light of day for quite some time.
Unless maybe a kickstarter financing type program is involved.

The Tunisia map is about 1/2 done and the Germans would have to be re-skinned for a desert look
and the British and American forces along with some Tunisian terrain features would need to be made too from scratch.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=goq13apn3f0uajg57ntqbf2g60&topic=11335.0
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3244519
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks like they're going to try to add multi-plaer functionality.  Andrey's got a survey up on the comapny's Facebook page asking what connection type people use and there is a screenshot showing an in-game MP connection interface.  I'm not sure it it'll be for APOS or for the new game only.

I'm not much of an MP player but it might be fun to try out a few scenarios.

Apocalypse 31


Dolan50

#381
I'm not sure what to think about MP with this system yet until more details are released defining as to how they would like to implement it and exactly who will be administrating it.

MP has been discussed with this game for years. Graviteam didn't think enough people would be interested in MP to make it possible for them to do so profitably.

So I'm wondering if some other company approached them and offered to finance it if Graviteam altered the game to make it more accommodating.
I don't want this to be another AirLandBattle type game.

I like the way it is now and think it's starting to get to burdensome to manage the larger battles that have been presented in the last couple DLCs while having to surrender more and more control to the AI.

I would prefer reinforced platoon or company sized Quick Battles against opponents of mutual consent for MP.
Like what was originally discussed for this game a year ago.

I'm not interested in team play with this game until I see some more improvements with some of the detailed unit management of forces that are still irksome with this system.
Regardless of what Graviteam says,the AI is still retarded and I have very little faith in its abilities to do its job properly and will be against team play for this game if I have to rely on the AI to do anything more than minor tasks.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

#382



One of the modders created a new operation for the Sokolovo DLC.
https://www.mediafire.com/?d2atszw85a3hm6m

Also,Andrey(Lead Programmer -Graviteam) mentioned on the Graviteam Forum that a new December Patch will be released soon.
He didn't give any details as to what will be in the patch so this is basically just a heads up for anyone interested.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

#383
Not much addressed with this patch.
I can actually do without this patch since none of these issues really effect my game that I've noticed.

--- December 2013 ---
1) Fix the roster of the Red Army scouts on captured APCs.
2) Fixed some errors in the English and Russian locales.
3) Reconfigured the chassis of the T-70.
4) Removed thermal tracks from "invisible tanks" in IR binoculars.
5) Snow render is changed in IR binoculars.
6) Adjusted visibility from tanks.
7) Fixed a rare bug with teleportation of soldiers in 0,0 position after HE projectile hits a truck or APC.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Dolan50 on December 24, 2013, 09:17:53 AM
Not much addressed with this patch.
I can actually do without this patch since none of these issues really effect my game that I've noticed.

--- December 2013 ---
1) Fix the roster of the Red Army scouts on captured APCs.
2) Fixed some errors in the English and Russian locales.
3) Reconfigured the chassis of the T-70.
4) Removed thermal tracks from "invisible tanks" in IR binoculars.
5) Snow render is changed in IR binoculars.
6) Adjusted visibility from tanks.
7) Fixed a rare bug with teleportation of soldiers in 0,0 position after HE projectile hits a truck or APC.

With the new Mius Front game coming out next year, has there been any mention of improving the patching process for this game?  One of the main reasons I don't really mess with this game is the very odd patching process that does not make it very easy to know exactly how you should patch things up, especially the more content you own.  Keeping fingers crossed they have figured out a better way for the future.

Dolan50

Andrey mentioned it will be much easier with Mius Front.
I still update and patch the old way since I'm used to it ,but someone not familiar with the old way should find that recently and with Mius Front that this process will be much easier.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Dolan50 on December 24, 2013, 10:24:39 AM
Andrey mentioned it will be much easier with Mius Front.
I still update and patch the old way since I'm used to it ,but someone not familiar with the old way should find that recently and with Mius Front that this process will be much easier.

Thank you....you mention that "recently" it should be much easier, did they change something with all the available games to make it easier right now?  If so and if you have the time, can you show the patching process, assuming you are installing APOS for the first time on your computer and all the available add-ons?

Dolan50

All you need are the latest Aug13 patches and Aug 13 update engine to make your game current.

Download and open the latest Aug13 5.81c enginge first(very important) and direct it to your game folder then download the latest Aug13 patch or wait for the Dec 13 patch.

Open your game look at the start menu to make sure the latest 5.81 c enginge is showing in the upper right hand corner of your start menu-You may have to reboot your PC till this takes in your game.

Once you see the 5.81 engine has been installed on your start menu you can now install the latest patch by opening the updater and directing it your latest patch download-select all files till after it installs click save and play.

I generally do the patching the old way by extracting the core folder from the patch renaming it so I don't get it confused with other patches and open my updater direct it to the patch core folder select all files until the desc. appears then click select until it appears in my updater then hit save and play.

The winter maps and Volokonovka DLCs should be installed next then any modern titled DLC then Shilovo.

Move your patch update(Mine says Game Update 4.10) to the top of the updater and if you want to use any mods install them above the latest 4.10 patch update.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

If you have problems post the steps here on what you did trying to update and I'll try and show you how to correct them.

I'll be in out all day with last minute Christmas preparations and family gatherings this week but I'll check in periodically and offer any advice if you run into any problems.

Like most Russian ways of doing things it looks complicated at first glance but once you figure out what they did it's actually quite basic and simple.

The problem is figuring out how they do things and why since Graviteam isn't big on instruction manuals or reasons for the English speaking only players.

I don't think Graviteam ever really planned on marketing this game in the west.
It was a few Eastern Europeans that brought it the Wests attention and Graviteam is only recently starting to realize that some of their increased profits from the Western sales need to be plowed back into easier updating and english instructions instead of just content ,graphics and engine updates..

I think they may have a western publisher interested in this game for Multi Player if they correct these above problems for the English speaking community.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Grim.Reaper

Thanks Dolan and appreciate the help.....I have holiday stuff too so likely won't be doing much with the game over the next few days....

Whether the game is meant for people in the west or the east, still would be much easier if they just had an "update" button that downloaded the latest stuff and auto applied everything:)  Or at least one comprehensive update that handles it all, without worrying about proper order and such.

Have a good holiday.