Main Menu

State of Decay

Started by RooksBailey, May 27, 2013, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

skeptical.platypus

Yes, works fine for me on keyboard and mouse. And I am somebody who will fail massively without a moderately intuitive keyboard/mouse control scheme. 

I occasionally hit "Q" rather than "W" when driving, which has led to some serious problems when I was racing a horde to a car. (Q enters or exits vehicles and building doors.)

Holding left shift triggers sprint.

"Z" is a little awkward for a killing blow.

I almost never crouched, so don't recall if it's "C" or Left-Control.

I'm not going to kickstart Dead State (I think), but it's an almost sure fire release buy for me. Nice find! There's another survival rgp that I found on steam greenlit or kickstarter. Wasn't necessarily zombie-based, but certainly horror. If I can track it down, I'll post it.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Steelgrave

I've been following Dead State since pre-kickstarter days and was one of many begging them to go that route to get the damn game moving. I have a lot of hope for it. I'm currently dealing with my zombie fixation by playing 7 Days to Die, which is in Alpha 2 status. It's decent, but a lonely world as there are no NPC's so far (supposedly that will change in Beta) and I don't play PVP due to the general level of immaturity found in most PVP games.

But I always have room for more zombie love.....the reeking fragrance of State of Decay beckons strongly....

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2013, 05:40:57 PM
Is this game working with a mouse and keyboard yet? Working well? The sandbox mode would definitely interest me if so.

Not if you're a lefty.  Re-mapping keys isn't supported so you have to go into config files and manually change keys.  When you do, onscreen prompts get all screwed up and display code rather than key prompts.

skeptical.platypus

^Now I've got Left Brained Guilt.

Not your fault, Silent Disapproval Robot.

Clearly, State of Decay is a sinister commentary arguing that the White Elitist 1% (as represented by the right handed majority) can only survive by driving fuel inefficient pickup trucks through hordes of the 99% (as represented by zombie squish-ees).
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Gusington

I don't know how I can exist in a world with both a skeptical.platypus and a Silent Disapproval Robot.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on December 04, 2013, 06:06:00 PM
Yes, works fine for me on keyboard and mouse. And I am somebody who will fail massively without a moderately intuitive keyboard/mouse control scheme. 

I occasionally hit "Q" rather than "W" when driving, which has led to some serious problems when I was racing a horde to a car. (Q enters or exits vehicles and building doors.)

Holding left shift triggers sprint.

"Z" is a little awkward for a killing blow.

I almost never crouched, so don't recall if it's "C" or Left-Control.

I'm not going to kickstart Dead State (I think), but it's an almost sure fire release buy for me. Nice find! There's another survival rgp that I found on steam greenlit or kickstarter. Wasn't necessarily zombie-based, but certainly horror. If I can track it down, I'll post it.

Should we open a support group for the Keyboard Re-Mapping Impaired contingent on the site? FWIW I use a Razer Naga Epic because I can reprogram awkward keys. Then again, that particular mouse is for righties, so we may have come full-circle.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

skeptical.platypus

I fear that it is The System which has failed Silent Disapproval. He seems quite capable of remapping his keyboard.

Don't let The Man hold you down, Robot!
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2013, 08:49:39 PM
I don't know how I can exist in a world with both a skeptical.platypus and a Silent Disapproval Robot.

If it helps (or isn't painfully obvious already), I'm not particularly silent.  :)
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: LongBlade on December 04, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: skeptical.platypus on December 04, 2013, 06:06:00 PM
Yes, works fine for me on keyboard and mouse. And I am somebody who will fail massively without a moderately intuitive keyboard/mouse control scheme. 

I occasionally hit "Q" rather than "W" when driving, which has led to some serious problems when I was racing a horde to a car. (Q enters or exits vehicles and building doors.)

Holding left shift triggers sprint.

"Z" is a little awkward for a killing blow.

I almost never crouched, so don't recall if it's "C" or Left-Control.

I'm not going to kickstart Dead State (I think), but it's an almost sure fire release buy for me. Nice find! There's another survival rgp that I found on steam greenlit or kickstarter. Wasn't necessarily zombie-based, but certainly horror. If I can track it down, I'll post it.

Should we open a support group for the Keyboard Re-Mapping Impaired contingent on the site? FWIW I use a Razer Naga Epic because I can reprogram awkward keys. Then again, that particular mouse is for righties, so we may have come full-circle.

I think we could at least get a list going of anti-lefty games because it FUCKING sucks when you can't remap the keys because some ambulatory fecal pile posing as a game designer decides that key remapping might get in the way of gamepad support.

Anyway, here's a partial list.  If you meet any game designers responsible for any of the following games, kick them in the left testicle.

Silent Hunter V
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Skyrim
State of Decay
Walking Dead
Resident Evil 4
Toy Soldiers


Kingdoms of Amalur and Witcher 2 allow you to remap controls to the numpad but then improperly display context sensitive QTE prompts on screen which can be very frustrating.

skeptical.platypus

 :o I take it back. No better time for support than when one's driven to see others as ambulatory fecal piles.

Like Creed, I am here for you with arms wide open SDR. Hug it out, man.

Sounds like Longblade's got your back, too. Although, quite frankly, with all those arquebuses, he's far more pointy. Don't want to toot my own horn too loudly, but I'm practically hugalicious in comparison.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

LongBlade

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on December 05, 2013, 03:36:30 AM
Sounds like Longblade's got your back, too. Although, quite frankly, with all those arquebuses, he's far more pointy. Don't want to toot my own horn too loudly, but I'm practically hugalicious in comparison.

If you look closely you'll see one is a wheellock. That's high tech, man.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.


skeptical.platypus

Lol, Gimme Shelter needs to be in more soundtracks. It'll definitely be playing for my Dead State.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

ArizonaTank

Bought State of Decay last week on steam sale for $10 with all DLC.  Having a great time with it.  Love the open world, exploration, and strategy.  It has a few quirks, particularly with the interface, but overall a very good game IMHO.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

RooksBailey

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 06, 2014, 08:25:23 AM
Bought State of Decay last week on steam sale for $10 with all DLC.  Having a great time with it.  Love the open world, exploration, and strategy.  It has a few quirks, particularly with the interface, but overall a very good game IMHO.

I bought it during the Summer Sale but never got around to putting more than a few minutes into the game.  I really need to reinstall it and give it a proper go.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway