If not Friday, then when?!

Started by MetalDog, May 31, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

This Friday will see something completely different!  I'm changing my ways and kicking out the old and bringing in the new.  No more Warlock or Civ IV.  It'll be something NEW on the horizon!  To change gaming habits set in stone for all this time.  Challenge my self with NEW wonders and NEW vistas!  To boldly go where I have never gone before...ok yeah.  It's totally going to be Warlock and Civ IV.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

I'll probably be setting up my forces in preparation for an epic round of 'Barbarian Migration', tentatively scheduled for sometime after 6/14. This is all predicated on final approval of the Viennese Moneylenders who are financing the relocation of my small Gothic horde into a permanent settlement. The moneylenders are most vexing in their insistence of every scrap of proof that my tribe's future plunder will be sufficient to repay the note in full. In the meantime I'm loading all our sacred texts, extra magic mirrors, clothing, and superfluous farming and crafting implements into crates with the assumption that all will proceed as planned.

I may treat myself to APOS and some DLC if I remember before the sale expires tonight.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

I need to finish Far Cry 3

I want to get into Distant Worlds

I need to finish my Band of Heroes AAR - 2 turns left and I'm still learning (Thanks Barthheart)

I want to drive more rFactor2 which is turning into quite a sim.

I think that's probably it. My model making has stalled somewhat. The colour issue with my Challenger II kind of sideswiped me. I should've stuck to planes! Maybe I'll get a bit done tomorrow.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Finishing y campaign as colonial Germans in Civ V. Then off to start a Victoria II Heart of Darkness campaign and perhaps a new campaign in Rise of Flight on the new Channel Map. Also staring longingly at the Van Helsing icon and Shogun 2 FOTS is beckoning again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Today turned out to be get paid more than I thought day so its purchase bonanza - I'm downloading air land battle - I haven't seen a let's play session that didn't make me yearn for the game yet - ill be buying AI war for some MP action with huw and maybe fallen enchantress

There will be a major endless space session tonight - huw v pilgrims me v automotans

Some dom III

Barthheart

Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

More outdoors work 'cause it's gonna be hot fer a change.

More testing a new build of HoS.

Starting a board game, Unconditional Surrender: World War II in Europe. Big game with some interesting mechanics.... like no factors on any pieces.... 1 unit of any kind per hex.....
Designer posted a print n play version at BGG. Finally finished cutting out the 700 counters.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/61487/unconditional-surrender-world-war-2-in-europe

TheCommandTent

I am finally getting around to playing XCOM so I am sure that will take up more of my weekend.  I also hope to get some boardgame or miniatures in ... after the yard work is done that is...
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM

Wtf? Its started?? Oh man I'm sorry guys I thought we were still 2 short

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:28:16 AM

Spelk started a second game with just the 6 of us... didn't you get the memo?

Anguille

I will most likely continue my campaign of Haegemonia: the legions of Iron...it's a beautiful game...hard to believe it's already 10 years old. Master of Orion 2 (it is not my all time favorite 4 x, though very high in the ranking, but it's really the most complete of them all), Heroes of Annihilated Empires and some Armada 2526 supernova.

tgb

Expeditions: Conquistador and more Lock 'n Load testing

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 AM

He is going to be in for a rude surprise when he logs in...  ::)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 AM

I saw it and joined, funnily enough the last I knew we were waiting for you and in that time its started - feck

PanzersEast

I have been really wanting to concentrate on a few games to become really good and knowledgeable about them.   I really skip around too much.

I started back on X-Com since I lost the last campaign... I play it in short bursts.

Started learning Dominions 3 so will try to look at it.

The usual line-up

CK II
Distant Worlds
FE Legendary Heroes
Vic II
FM or OOTP

I am hoping to also uninstall only those I wish to play on a regular basis.  Would like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

undercovergeek

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving