DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronwell

Thanks.  I just checked and resent my turn.  It is now a few minutes past the turn post time and still showing 2 turns missing and saying neither I nor Agartha turned in turns.  Also still shows that it will post a few minutes ago.

Do I need to resend my turn once it comes back up?

parone

Bron-

nope,you should be fine. 

actually, the delay isn't really necessary, as I have heard that the server will process the turns when it gets booted back up, and stales will be avoided, but why take the chance.

on another not Bron, have you checked your messages here on grogheads?

Faux

I also did my turn earlier but llamaserver just seems to be down.

Wingedflamez

So is there any word on llama yet?

parone

Haerdalas

Still not up... starting to worry slightly.

parone

it does make you wonder, "what would we do without the llamaserver" :-\

Wingedflamez

I will go ahead and tell you now, my access next weekend is going to be sketchy at best, I am going out of town and don't know if I will have internet access or time to take my turn, I am taking my laptop with me so if I have the opportunity I will.

parone

very good winger.  pm me or drop a line here when you head out so that I can extend the interval.

hopefully we will be playing by then...

Haerdalas

With how long the server has been down, I would guess its probably a hardware problem. Having to get a replacement part would explain the time taken.

Might be wrong though, my knowledge of computers is merely average.

Wingedflamez

Where is llama based?  US? Europe?

Haerdalas

...Everyone knows Llamas come from South America.... :P
:o
*goes off to sit in a corner by myself*

parone

haedalas-

you may very well be correct.  however, llama has not responded to me or any of the 'heavies' over at dommods who have tried to contact him, which is unusual. I'm pretty sure he'd drop one of us a line to tell us if that was the problem.

perhaps he is away?  hard to know, really... :'(

alastair

according to the llamaserver FAQ, he guesstimated the hardlimit at around 100 games.  Might have come up to that.

Wingedflamez

yeah there are 125 games currently registered on llamaserver right now