Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

You'd make a horrible Roman legionary then.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

I'm getting a weird graphical issue in battles where parts of the map will temporarily (like for a second) turn black and everything gets blotted out.  Any idea what might be causing this?  It's not a huge problem, but it does obviously break the immersion factor somewhat. 

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
I've seen rebels turn into legit factions too, just last night actually. I don't raze cities, I feel it's too brutal :)
Man, and I thought *I* was a softy...  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

sandman2575

Quote from: Dolan50 on September 11, 2013, 10:35:18 PM
QuoteIt's not that the town is bad, it's just that I looted it so the population is kind of pissed.

Like Detroit...

well played   :)

...just a shame about the Motor City, though...

Gusington

The player gets nothing for razing as far as cash. I get tempted to loot but then I don't want to spend the money I would get from looting, then improving the -70 plunge in morale. I am starting to encounter cities that are almost worth looting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Martok on September 12, 2013, 05:21:25 PM
I'm getting a weird graphical issue in battles where parts of the map will temporarily (like for a second) turn black and everything gets blotted out.  Any idea what might be causing this?  It's not a huge problem, but it does obviously break the immersion factor somewhat. 

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
I've seen rebels turn into legit factions too, just last night actually. I don't raze cities, I feel it's too brutal :)
Man, and I thought *I* was a softy...  :P

I had the same problem with my radeon card. Updated the drivers and that fixed it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Ok so I just saw some pretty bad AI behavior. I declared war on Syracuse and took their home city. Then they launched an amphibious landing against one of my cities and besieged it without siege equipment. One of their archer units tried to burn the gate but failed and the rest just stood outside the wall. I won the battle as time ran out :/

Next turn they attacked again. This time I used my defending ships as bait and led the 2nd amphibious force far from the city. Ultimately this failed...the Syracusans stormed the beaches again and this time burned my gatehouse down, and took the victory point. So did the AI learn from its previous mistake? I doubt it. My own action probably led to their reaction and victory.

Next turn I had an army ready to retake Brundisium once again. So there was a bit of tit for tat, some AI stupidity, and maybe a glimmer of AI competence all within two turns.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I've come to the conclusion that the AI assault on Brundisium is a scripted reaction for Syracuse armies following Rome taking their city.  It happen in my game and I'm pretty sure in mike's game too.

Gusington

But did they stupidly throw flaming arrows against your gates and lose the first try? Also they had gathered their army off my coast before I attacked them. But I wasn't just going to wait and have them attack first.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2013, 08:59:56 PM
But did they stupidly throw flaming arrows against your gates and lose the first try? Also they had gathered their army off my coast before I attacked them. But I wasn't just going to wait and have them attack first.

They attempted a boat landing in the city the first attempt but only two boats could unload since I had two boats unload in the dock area.  The rest went to another beach and sat there and didn't attack at all.  So I'd send out a pleb unit to draw out a ranged unit and bring them back to the walls.  Where the towers slowly wore them down.  I did process until time played out.  I guess in the AI's defense there was very little else they could do, but I did have much less protected towns they could have attacked without a wall.  So yeah, this is one instance where the AI either through scripting or programing is flawed.

mikeck

I just hate the fact that you can burn down a gate to begin with. I mean, it's not stupid to try to burn you hate down with arrows...it's stupid that you can burn a gate down. A lot of work went into designing and utilizing seige machines. If only they had a guy run up and just light the gate on fire!

By the way, I now have top-of-the-line legions and they are badass. With the mod, they have shield wall ability. Out them in a shield wall and attack the enemy. They trot up in formation and start hacking.

Gusington

I just started fielding legion, around 235 BC. What year are you at with the top of the line?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Your auto correct is messing with my brain.

Gusington

No auto-correct I just left out an 'S'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2013, 09:19:46 PM
No auto-correct I just left out an 'S'

No I meant mike and his iPhone.

Gusington

HA I'm so tired I didn't even notice.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd