Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

I downloaded the beta. The campaign map seems bit smoother but mine was decent to begin with. Turn speed is a lot faster. Can't say about AI improvements as I haven't played alot tonight. Many of the changes were already made by radios anyway. Right now I am having a battle of agents. Our spies are assassinating each others generals and spies at a record clip....very cool. Had a good town battle also. Truthfully, I found the AI to be pretty good anyway.

I love the legion traditions. I've grown very attached to my 3rd legion. They are highly trained and specialized in sieges and engineering
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

Maybe they'll add a "Non-Brutal" version of Razing for Gus. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
I hope so. Anyone know how much time there is between beta and release for these patches?

This one should be set for next Friday, I'd think. 

The 'Red Sky' patch was a quick hotfix of sorts, along with one of the smaller crash updates that came out in the middle of the week.  I believe most of the bug fixes are to be released every Friday, after being in public beta for a week.

Martok

Bugger.  I got that damned "army can't disembark from a fleet" bug in the Prologue campaign.  >:( 

Screw this; I'm gonna start a regular Rome campaign and do unspeakable things to the Etruscans. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Boggit

At last I got R2TW. It ran like a dog to start with, but I have pretty much got the settings more or less right now. I'll probably need a 2Gb graphics card for it to work really well though. I have mixed feelings on it though. I need to play it more to get a proper perspective. ATM the other TW games are fine, so perhaps it's just me adapting to the changes in R2TW?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

mikeck

I have a 1gb card and can run everything on ultra except unit detail set to high and shadows set to high. I have AA off and all the extra stuff off (check boxes on the right)

Anyway, it's quite different from other TW games. Give it a go for about 2-3 hours. By then, you should know whether its for you or not.

I recommend the beta patch 2.0 as it has helped improve AI and performance for many
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Quote from: mikeck on September 14, 2013, 09:17:11 AM
I recommend the beta patch 2.0 as it has helped improve AI and performance for many

did it break your save?

mikeck

Nope. Still using those mods too

Gusington

I'm turning a new leaf in a few minutes...going to crush what's left of Syracuse and then move on to Carthage. Then invade Greece. Not necessarily in that order. Time to get Roman.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dolan50

That's the spirit.
VENI,VEDI,VICI.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

The bloodthirstiness of you lot has trickled down to my ordinarily peaceful disposition. Let's get Roman up in here! I think Varus said that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Uh, probably not the best role model...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

It's all about style, not getting slaughtered in a dark forest by giant bearded hairymen.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd