Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on July 24, 2013, 05:57:45 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 24, 2013, 10:21:37 AM
It's here.  http://maps.totalwar.com/rome2map   No Flaming Pigs dammit.

Looking at that map, I'm guessing that they'll milk the DLC teet by releasing individual extra minor factions, one at a time?
Which is another reason I'm content to wait for a while yet.  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

I'd complain about stretching out DLCs too much, but I'm always desperate for more Classical period stuff.  There's not enough out there.

They even got me to pre-order because I want the Greek states that come with it.  It's rare that I pre-order anything for the extra content.  :o

Gusington

It helps that the Greek States to be included are rather skilled in badassery.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Plus they have good food. Well, OK food. I'm sure there'll be lots of DLC but I hope they embrace the modders the way they have in Shogun 2.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

Spartan Hoplites for me :)

Sir Slash

Too much attitude for me. I expect if I gave them orders to charge I'd hear, "Spar-tans don't take orders from scum like you"!  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: FlickJax on July 25, 2013, 09:22:07 AM
Spartan Hoplites for me :)

I'm thinking Epirus or maybe Athens, myself.  :D

LongBlade

There's a new video out of the UK which has been released but I'm having trouble finding it on YouTube. It may be on the press sites, but the Sega-Europe site is down - probably getting hammered by all the press trying to download the vid.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

solops

While this is probably my favorite period, I just cannot bring myself to pay $60 for this, especially after the stinky earlier versions of the Total War engine. Maybe after the first few patches and an expansion or two it will be on sale for $29 and I'll pick it up, provided there is a Darthmod for it. I mean, really... they included the flaming pigs again!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: solops on July 25, 2013, 10:04:09 AM
While this is probably my favorite period, I just cannot bring myself to pay $60 for this, especially after the stinky earlier versions of the Total War engine. Maybe after the first few patches and an expansion or two it will be on sale for $29 and I'll pick it up, provided there is a Darthmod for it. I mean, really... they included the flaming pigs again!

What!  What!  Oh the Spartan humanity!  Did some Shogun just crash a blimp on your parade?

I have to say that I sympathize and I sure am not shelling out any early money for some has-been Greeks.  On the other hand, Shogun2 was so incredibly good, I'll give the Rome2 thing a go as soon as it actually comes out on the half chance that it is half as good as Shogun2.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on July 25, 2013, 09:55:12 AM
There's a new video out of the UK which has been released but I'm having trouble finding it on YouTube. It may be on the press sites, but the Sega-Europe site is down - probably getting hammered by all the press trying to download the vid.

Are you talking about this one?

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Sir Slash

Hell yeah. I'm spending my kids inheritance NOW.

Gusington

Shogun 2 was the best of the series and with a Green Man voucher the price drops 25% to 45.00.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Thanks for the link guys.  I've gotta to remember to watch that video after I get up this evening.  (Right now, though, I think I gotta start contemplating bedtime...) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces