Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GibbyG

Quote from: LongBlade on September 21, 2013, 12:30:11 AM
Quote from: challerain on September 20, 2013, 07:53:29 PM
Does the game play well this way?  I haven't really ever played any TW game because of the real time battles.  Does playing the turn-based campaign with auto resolved battles work well?

That doesn't precisely answer your question, and for that I apologize.

Thanks Longblade....that was good info and much appreciated.

LongBlade

Quote from: challerain on September 21, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
Thanks Longblade....that was good info and much appreciated.

Thank God.

I was pretty drunk when I wrote it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

just played the last part of the prologue - the siege on Bovanium, siege engines at the ready................... ready.................. and 1800 screaming Gauls come out of the forest behind me, 6 lots of cavalry ride around my flank, as i turn to face them the defenders of Bovanium come out of the mist and attack from the rear, carnage - won a phyrric victory, everyones dead - General died - didnt know that would force a restart - great battle

loved it

LongBlade

Honestly I dumped the tutorial game after I got the basics down. Much more fun playing on my own.

Here's my empire at 100 BC

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on September 21, 2013, 03:47:04 PM
Honestly I dumped the tutorial game after I got the basics down. Much more fun playing on my own.

Its an OCD thing - but im almost done

undercovergeek

done - its Carthage time!

Gusington

^Playing as them or against?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on September 21, 2013, 03:47:04 PM

Here's my empire at 100 BC

Nice little empire.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 21, 2013, 07:00:03 PM
done - its Carthage time!

My first start as Carthage, after Patch 1 or thereabouts, started off fairly mild.

I fired up a new Carthage game with Beta-3 and started getting everyone and their dog declaring war on me after about 10 turns.  :o  I was okay after the first three, but then Rome DOW'd me.  Luckily they were already at war with some of the Cisalpine Gaulic factions so they were already quite busy.  Makes me wonder if the Rome DOW against Carthage has been hard-coded since that DOW wasn't a very smart one considering their armies looked rather beat up in their current wars.  I could've easily taken one of their cities right off the bat had I not been already concentrating on a different faction. 

Anyway.. you may be in for a lot of warfare from the start if you play as Carthage.  Especially if you try to keep your alliances in North Africa because those will be DOW'd regularly.

Gusington

^Have you won a campaign yet?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Playing as gus

For those in the know - is a hammer above a province for an active build menu or does something need fixing?

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 22, 2013, 06:43:30 AM
Playing as gus

For those in the know - is a hammer above a province for an active build menu or does something need fixing?

It means that you province has a new building slot open or one that needs to be filled.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2013, 10:37:29 PM
^Have you won a campaign yet?

I've had to restart every time I updated, to make sure everything's working as it should.

I made it furthest as Pontus, owning a 2-3 region deep area all the way around the Black Sea, and having just taken all of Dacia.  That game was a cakewalk and there was no sign of my expansion slowing.  However, that was before Patch 3, so maybe it's a bit more difficult now.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 21, 2013, 10:18:45 PM
Nice little empire.

Thanks.

The AI is giving me the Italia province a little bit of a time. The Romans have completely neglected it. Every 20 or 30 turns it seems like one of their cities goes into revolt and rebels take over.

When that happens I politely walk over and quell the rebellion, taking the city as mine in the process. I'm about to bag Rome in this manner.

The great thing about it is that the Romans love me and I don't need to go to war with them! :)

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on September 22, 2013, 09:27:49 AM
The great thing about it is that the Romans love me and I don't need to go to war with them! :)

Well that's not historical at all and I demand that the re-write all AI coding!