Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

How is the new patch treating everyone?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2013, 10:52:14 AM

I've got a black eye, a hangover that won't quit, and two pairs of women's thongs that I didn't go out with last night.

I'd say it's treating me pretty well.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sir Slash

Those aren't thongs. They're Suebi Slings. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2013, 10:52:14 AM

Seems okay.  I don't know what patch I'm in, but they seem to be pushing the game along.  Like I said earlier, the Parthians seem to have
benefitted from the patched ambush mechanic and the hysterical trading impulses of the AI.  But the plain old battles in the patchy forests are good too!

Why only last night, there I was in the hills above Pergammon (held by the Ardenians) when the Ardenians struck: masses of Illyrian hopalites, endless slave slingers (that is slingers who are slaves).  A patchy forest sloped down to their largely concealed host.  The God of battles had rated our chances as rather low.   We called on our two monotheistic less mathematically inclined gods to save us!  There was no lack of enthusiastic theology!  Our chances we good!  No bunch of Illyrians was going to beat us!
I sent forth the horse archers to delay their onslaught and swept the Median Cavalry fast to the less woodsy flank.  We rolled them up and won big.  So I'd say the patch is fine.

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 01, 2013, 02:23:20 AM
Earlier CA warned us to not use that option until a last resort because it has a detrimental effect on performance? *confused*

I think we're pretty much forced to use it, otherwise you'll get those messages during the battle loading screen saying it is reducing the graphics quality of the battle.  No matter how much RAM and VRAM you have.  As if the short hi-res viewable "bubble" around the camera isn't enough.  ::)

Their gfx optimizing looks either bugged or like it's attempting to reset your graphics in relation to a poorly optimized gfx engine that doesn't play well with anything.  Either way, it lowers them all the time unless you override that feature with the checkbox.

I don't recall seeing anyone mention that it doesn't lower their gfx settings in the battles, when it's loading.  So there is something at issue.  I also wonder if the whole campaign map, graphics and all, are still stored in memory while the battles are running.

Gusington

Hmm...no patch for me...nothing downloaded.

GAH nevermind, I see I have to restart. GIGGITY

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2013, 07:12:15 PM
Hmm...no patch for me...nothing downloaded.

I'd exit Steam and restart and see if that doesn't cause your game to get updated.  I got an 80 mb download at some point today.

Gusington

Yeah restarted my PC and now it's almost done.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well the patch nerfed my game...the campaign map stutters and the battles stutter and pause so much as to be almost unplayable. Should I de-select that memory sharing option? Anyone else have issues that weren't there before? Crap this blows.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2013, 08:51:20 PM
Well the patch nerfed my game...the campaign map stutters and the battles stutter and pause so much as to be almost unplayable. Should I de-select that memory sharing option? Anyone else have issues that weren't there before? Crap this blows.

Uncheck the option if it's actually giving you fits.

Dunno if that's the problem, but if it's stuttering it could very well be as that's what it'll do if you don't have enough RAM.

Gusington

Weird thing is the option didn't do anything but help me before Patch 3!

Well it's an easy enough fix, and I hope it works. Had some great field battles tonight that would have been great if not for this stuttering. And my empire is chugging along, becoming an imperium that the game world is taking notice of. And I'm smacking around the Athenians. And I just took Carthage. And...and...etc, etc.

I think I am too emotionally invested in Rome II.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Now i envy you Gus, again. I have held off a bit due to patches and physical constraints. But when you say emotinally invested i just want to start a 100 hour campaign  and show the World who is who.

Gusington

^Go for it...despite the pitchforks and torches brought out for Rome II in the last month by so many, I have really enjoyed myself...tonight's graphics stuttering made it that much more difficult to crash back down to reality.

BTW I just looked and I have 8GB of system memory, but only 1GB of video memory on my single video card. I assuming that 1GB video memory is what counts and its not enough for the Rome II video sharing option.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Don't Think i said it on this forum but the start up speed and low system requirements is Amazing, considering Shogun 2.

Gusington

I can claim that the game ran fine for me until tonight but I hope to remedy that and have it run like butter once again.

My machine is only two years old however and no slouch.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd