Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Martok - those hunks of Gaul that are brown are the Pictones. They've been loyal to me since I landed in Aquitaine but now they kind of annoy me. Once I mop up the Romans, I think they're next :) ...don't leak that.

Slash - I have 10 armies total now. I have some interesting units including Druidic Nobles, Ambushers, war dogs, Chosen Sword Band, Chosen Spear Band, and tricked out war chariots. I don't have very strong regular cavalry of my own, but I do have access to Italian and German cavalry.

Besides the Pictones will be taking on Sparta next. They don't appear nearly as tough as the Romans were. Athens after that. I also need to build up a navy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I think I know why there was a flag in my open battle.  The defending AI army had chosen the "fortify" option on the campaign map.  Still, I don't think there should be a flag in the middle of it.

Also found a message bug where it said, "Your defending army has been completely destroyed!".  Which was nonsense.  The remnant army of someone I conquered threw themselves on my spears and were slaughtered to the man.  For some reason it told me that it was my army that was wiped out.  Started to go nuts for a second before I checked to make sure everything was as it should be.  ???

It's still got some bugs (which I seem to attract?) but it's still in better shape than it was last time I played.

Gusington

^I do get that kind of bug occasionally where the messages get mixed up on which army was victorious...I thought it was a mod issue but since you are not playing with mods I guess not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

To me it's on par with shogun 2 and Napoleon. Same AI, same level of stability. I know what I'm going to get. Some time the AI does dumb shit...sometimes it fights pretty well. He campaign isn't EU 4 but the AI does a decent job at creating alliances and such
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Rome II's campaign map IRL, taken from my window on approach to landing at 08:00 this morning

Yskonyn

Nice pictures, UG!
If only we could time-warp and see the lands as they were then.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Nice bloom effects, must be murder on your graphics cards though :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

all to be ruined by some blue hooligans to the north

Gusington

You get the treatment you deserve.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Nice pics Geek. Is it hard to fly a 747 and take pictures at the same time? You couldn't even spot War Elephants at that altitude. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 03, 2014, 09:36:37 AM
Nice pics Geek. Is it hard to fly a 747 and take pictures at the same time? You couldn't even spot War Elephants at that altitude. 8)

lol, my ass is sat in seat 30A - always the back, always the window

Sir Slash

How were the peanuts? In 2009, my wife and I went to Isreal. The flight was non-stop from New Jersy to Tel Aviv-- 10 hours in the air. With children crying all 10 hours. I took 2 Benadryl and still could not sleep. How can a child cry for 10 straight hours?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 03, 2014, 10:02:31 AM
How were the peanuts? In 2009, my wife and I went to Isreal. The flight was non-stop from New Jersy to Tel Aviv-- 10 hours in the air. With children crying all 10 hours. I took 2 Benadryl and still could not sleep. How can a child cry for 10 straight hours?

only 2 and a half hours flight for me from London

and having woken at 2:45 to get on it, i fell asleep before we took off

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on March 03, 2014, 10:40:30 AM
Ha good man

always watch the stewardess demo though, i do like it when they simulate blowing into the whistle for help

always good to fall asleep with images of a stewardesses blow job cheekbones

sigh

anyway, ahem..... WAR, PILLAGE, BURN