Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
As Armenia, I have almost fully gutted Parthia. They are cornered in the far southeast corner of the map. Pontus has joined the war along with Antony and a few smaller states but I haven't seen any troops from them yet. On my last couple of turns last night two large Parthian stacks stormed into teo of my newly stolen Parthian regions, but I think this is their last gasp.

Have you tried assigning your allies and objective in the diplomacy screen? If you are both at war with the same nation/tribe, you can assign a city as your allied "objective" and your ally will generally attack it if they can. Sometimes it works, sometimes not...like reality I guess
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

Yes, Leonaides the Un-Dead Wraith-King of Sparta. He led the 300 Zombie-Hoplites against the Elves from Persia commanded by Legolas at the Battle of Helm's Deep. Am I the only one around here that reads history?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 10, 2014, 11:27:29 PM
Yes, Leonaides the Un-Dead Wraith-King of Sparta. He led the 300 Zombie-Hoplites against the Elves from Persia commanded by Legolas at the Battle of Helm's Deep. Am I the only one around here that reads history?  :idiot2:
That still sounds more realistic/believable than what I saw on the silver screen (as led by Gerald Butler and co.)... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I would buy the Wraith of Sparta in a hot minute. The new Greek map is intriguing...I wasn't planning on getting the new expansion but I may now.

I had asked Antony to attack a specific node on the map and although he finally did, it took him forever. Maybe Pontus or Thrace will do better if I need their help.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Ok....looking forward to this game...but hey, where's Sicily?

GDS_Starfury

no where near the Aegean.  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Anguille on December 11, 2014, 08:46:38 AM

Just down the street from Papa's. Great pasta there at Sicily.

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on December 11, 2014, 08:14:12 AM
I would buy the Wraith of Sparta in a hot minute. The new Greek map is intriguing...I wasn't planning on getting the new expansion but I may now.

I had asked Antony to attack a specific node on the map and although he finally did, it took him forever. Maybe Pontus or Thrace will do better if I need their help.

My experience with asking an ally to join in an attack is for them to do their best to capture it for themselves.

For instance, I've seen a couple of times where I've parked my armies just outside of a town waiting for reinforcements to help me. Apparently I was just close enough to act as reinforcements to my ally's army so it attacked and used me to capture the town, rather than the other way around.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on December 11, 2014, 08:46:38 AM

It's only sorta the late 5th century.  It's nice to have Crete and some Persians at least.  It's really more like the 530s than the 430s, but that should be fun too.  Perhaps more fun for the Athenians at least since they don't have the option of doomed expeditions to Sicily and Egypt.

On the other hand certain resources like timber for ships and grain from the Black Sea coast can't be simulated well on a map this limited...though in 530 those would not yet have been getting critical.  Presumably lots of trade is abstracted somehow for Corinth and Athens and Persia and the Hellespont.   

Sir Slash

Sometimes the AI seems afraid to help. I've asked Syracuse to back me up against Carthage playing as Rome, and they sail close to the city and then turn and run away. Also all your allies respond to the target. So some guys in Gaul will start walking toward Jerusalem if that's the target leaving their cities less defended.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 10, 2014, 11:27:29 PM

I didn't even know they had Wraiths until you mentioned it.

;D

Sir Slash

Wrath of Sparta will be out tomorrow. 10% Off at Steam. Anybody gonna grab a sarissa and jump in?

Martok

I've already pre-ordered.  :D  :-[ 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 15, 2014, 02:30:24 PM
Wrath of Sparta will be out tomorrow. 10% Off at Steam. Anybody gonna grab a sarissa and jump in?

"In addition, troop transports act more as cargo ships than combat vessels, and are no longer able to ram in naval battles, reducing the unfair advantage of troop convoys in naval warfare. This change will be retroactively applied to all ROME II campaigns. "

Finally. 

The old cargo haulers finally get nerfed.