Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: LongBlade on September 19, 2014, 01:52:40 PM
Quote from: mikeck on September 19, 2014, 01:49:43 PM
What have the Romans ever done for us?

They gave us toga parties!

Okay besides the wine,  the roads, sanitation, aqueducts, public baths public education and toga parties....what have the Romans ever done for us!?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

They have kept us entertained for millenia. Are you not entertained?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Okay, so while we're doing this, fave line, "He has a wife you know..."

undercovergeek

The Watchmen - The Northern pass into Sparta, to the west Nervii and the Etruscans, to the east nothing but Sparta until you reach the sea again

The taking of Syracruse - in the shadow of the volcano General Dexios prepares to advance

Syracuse allies land on the nearby shores, unprotected slingers and archers - the Royal Cavalry is sent to deal with them

Dexios watches as the 1st Spartan army advances on the enemy

Spartan Pikemen seal up the east of the market square

In the middle of the market square stand 450 enemy slingers and archers who whittle down the pride of Spartan pikes, a company of Royal horse are sent in to break them up and hopefully isolate them to the rear of the battlefield

It works, the unprotected missile troops are left on their own to the rear of the Syracruse lines..........

......... and another company of Royal cavalry sprint there to cut them down

Pikemen and swordsmen take on the elite of Syracuse forces - the heavy sword champions

The Spartan pikes push all the way through the enemy lines forcing the champions onto the Spartan elite troops in their rear

The cavalry massacres the missile troops and heads back to the town square to finish off any stragglers

The city, and Sicily falls to Sparta

LongBlade

The Empire of Pontos at 15 BC

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

The treasure of Pontos

LongBlade

Wow. Way to kill a thread, LB!

Gusington

The game looks excellent enough now to drop everything else in my queue and jump back in...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 12:59:49 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2014, 07:14:16 PM
I am in a pistol class right now for the Guard, but once I get out...I will be Emperor.

There can be only one.

fixed.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

not Rome 2 but I just finished my first full campaign in Shogun 2.  man, do I LOVE that Black Ship!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Some great shots, geek & LB

Man, I need to get back into this game, but it's not going to happen today after all (I had too much other crap today to get done first, and now I'm trying to wind down for bed).  The only question is whether I play the Grand Campaign again, or if I go for the new IA campaign (albeit with a smaller faction -- I can't handle starting with so many friggin' settlements...). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FlickJax

is there a mod to stop the rubbish public order mechanic?

LongBlade

Quote from: FlickJax on September 22, 2014, 09:02:03 AM
is there a mod to stop the rubbish public order mechanic?

I don't know. I don't use mods, though with all the love they get here I probably should look into them.

At the risk of telling you something you already know, I used to share your frustration about managing large territories and still trying to prevent uprisings.

Managing public order is best managed through the Provinces tab on the lower right of the screen:

I'm sure you already know that. But there's a shortcut to watching what's happening in these provinces. I've highlighted three provinces: Caucasia, Scythia, and Bosporus.

These three provinces are of major concern. Don't just look at the red/green unhappy/happy faces - pay attention to the little arrows to their lower right. They indicate whether the level of order is increasing or decreasing. In the case of Scythia and Bosporus, even though the provinces are in a happy state, for some reason their happiness is declining. If left unchecked, they'll eventually revolt.

So it is that I don't have to look at every province on a province-by-province basis. Just look at that list and watch for all the provinces that have declining order. Should make your life a lot easier.

Nefaro

... and then check the tooltip on the location's screen to find the detailed modifiers for breakdown of what the problem is.

O0

Gusington

LB how the hell did you get all that money??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd